What's Something Muppet-Related that Took You a Long Time to Figure Out?

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
I was wondering: What's a muppet-related thing that took you guys long enough to realize??

Here's mine:

- Some time after the Outside Lands performance, I just realized that before they opened with Ophelia, Janice, Floyd, Zoot, Lips, and Animal mentioned the puppeteer's wives before Dr.Teeth could mention the name of the song. I really thought it was just random women. When I first told my friend my discovery, she laughed at me. Pretty much everyone laughed at me lol.

- Another was just today, I found out that Lips was in Muppets Take Manhattan. I didn't even know until a Muppet fan friend on Instagram posted a clip of the Wedding scene with Lips in the very back row AWAY from the Electric Mayhem. (WHy...) My Muppet fan friend on Facebook sent me the link to the wikipedia for the movie and I saw the wedding scene cast and I felt so excited lol.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
For me, how Big Bird worked. I mean, granted, I had only known the Muppets were just puppets the year before (my dumb grumpy cousin told be :grouchy:), but after that I had all these theories about how he must've worked. My first thought was, maybe Big Bird was a robot because he was too tall for a human to be inside. My next idea was that Caroll probably wore stilts inside The Bird.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The fact that songs are pre-recorded and not sung during filming.

I honestly thought it was just conspiracy theories until I watched a behind the scenes clip of Jim Henson puppeteering Ernie to "Honker Duckie Dinner Jamboree."