1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What's the Big Idea?

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by GelflingWaldo, Sep 5, 2007.

1. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

This is a Muppet Newsflash...

The Jim Henson Company is producing a new educational television series entitled "What's the Big Idea?" for PBS Kids. The digital-puppetry series, which will use the Henson Digital Performance Studio, is set to debut on PBS in 2008.

40 half-hour episodes have been ordered and production will start later this fall. The show will promote science readiness and feature a sketch-comedy format. Brian Henson, Lisa Henson, Halle Stanford and Mary Mazur will be executive producing the show. Plus, the Jim Henson Company will be handling all supplementary exploitation of the series including licensing, video distribution and merchandising.
  2. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Member

i can't wait!
  3. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

Wow, it tells me they're getting active with somethin'! :D
  4. Java

Java Active Member

Sounds neat! I hope it's another success.
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

This is pretty cool sounding. I like how Henson is just coming up with so many projects now. Puppet Up, a Fraggle Film, and now this. Very epic sounding stuff coming from Henson.... unlike some companies we know :smirk:
  6. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

XD OOooo too true.
  7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

;) I think the Idea shows promise and I adore that little character's Scooter-like hair.