1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

What's the first Muppets-related thing you seen?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Vincent Liu, Jul 10, 2012.

?

What's the first Muppet-related you saw

A Song 3 vote(s) 15.0%
A Video 13 vote(s) 65.0%
A Book 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Other? 4 vote(s) 20.0%

1. Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

The earliest I can think of is a trailer for Muppets From Space when I was in fourth grade, though I have no idea what Muppets are at that time.
    The first time I have any idea what Muppets are is when I heard The Carpenters sing The Rainbow Connection, and I looked up the song on Wikipedia.
  2. SSLFan Well-Known Member

As far as the Muppets, my memory is quite sketchy as to when I was FIRST exposed to them. I remember seeing those commercials for "The Best of the Muppet Show" VHS releases. My first time seeing a Muppet production was watching "The Muppets Take Mahattan" on DVD which my dad had brought for me.

With SS, I honestly can't remember the first time I watched it. I just remember seeing an ad for the stage show coming to my town around late 1997-early 1998 and being pshyed and wanting to see it!

Boy that just took me back, Lol.
  3. Yuna Leonhart Well-Known Member

Let me think... I remember I had a Kermit doll but I don't if I still got it. When I was thirteen or fourteen, my mother insisted we throw each and everyone of my toys in the trash, not caring that some may have sentimenatal value. My brother saved some but I'm not sure if the doll was among them. At least I have another one now.
    I also remember watching Muppet Babies as a kid and seeing the trailer for Muppets From Space on TV.
    And I have the vague memory of having watched Sesame Street.
  4. charlietheowl Well-Known Member

My first exposure to the Muppets was watching Sesame Street as a very young child. I learned to read at an early age and I have no doubt that it was responsible for helping me learn that.

I also remember seeing either reruns or commercials for The Muppet Show when I was little, but no real specifics.
  5. Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I've always been in Walt Disney World a lot. So natuarally I've seen Muppet-Vision 3D a lot, and I've always enjoyed MV3D, a lot.
    So, when I, was in the library one day looking for a movie, me, and my younger sister should watch, I found The Great Mupper Caper DVD. So I took it out.
    I LOVED the movie at the time and found it hilarious! So, then began my Muppet fandom.
  6. TheWeirdoGirl Active Member

Well I watched Sesame Street almost everyday for the first ten or twelve years of my life, so...

But my first memory of The Muppet Show Muppets is watching The Muppet's Wizard of Oz on TV when I was nine years old. I'm sure I had seen stuff with them before that, but that is the first thing I remember.
  7. HandsomeFrog New Member

Rainbow Connection
  8. CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

As everyone probably has, my first experience with the Muppets was watching Sesame Street when I was really little. I kind of remember watching reruns of Muppet Babies when I was 3 or so. :)
  9. MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

My first exposure to the Muppets was when I saw "Elmo In Grouchland." Not counting Sesame Street, the first thing I saw was "Muppets Classic Theater". (That one will always have a place in my heart! :) )
  10. FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

My first exposure to the Muppets was when I saw Sesame Street videos (Sesame Street Stays up Late, Put Down the Duckie, Getting Ready to Read, I'm Glad I'm Me, Learning About Numbers, Learning About Letters, Sesame Street: 25 Wonderful Years) and episodes like the one where Slimey goes into Space (I remember the part when The Count was counting down).

My first exposure to Disney's Muppets was when I saw a preview of the Kokomo music video and the trailer for Muppet Classic Theater.
  11. Rowlfy Member

I always watched Sesame Street as a kid (who didn't?). But when I turned 5 or 6, my aunt bought me a Kermit plush and Season One of the Muppet Show. Then....the Muppet addiction began
    muppetfan24/7 and FrackleFan2012 like this.
  12. beatnikchick300 Active Member

I didn't watch a lot of Sesame Street as a little one; I was more into Lamb Chop and Barney (laugh and I swear I'll break your thumbs...), so I think the first Muppets thing I saw was either Muppet Babies, the Jim Henson Hour, or a TV special.
  13. robodog Active Member

Either The Muppet Show, The Muppet Movie or Sesame Street. I got into the Muppets at a very early age in the late 70s/early 80s. I know The Muppet Movie was the second movie my mom took me to when I was little ( Disney's Jungle Book being the first ) But I don't know if this was before or after I'd seen my first episode of The Muppet Show or Sesame Street. I was only four or five at the time.
  14. ProboSowa Member

I watched Sesame Street a lot early on, so it was definitely something from there.
  15. Kermieuk Well-Known Member

The muppet show on tv. Definetely A clear memory for me.

I think tmtm was the first cinema release I was taken to!

Chris
  16. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

The Muppet Babies as I wasn't even born and too young when MTM came out.
  17. SweetVacation New Member

My first Muppet related thing that I ever saw was 'The Muppet Show: Meet the Muppets' on VHS when I was about 16 months old.
    muppetfan24/7 and FrackleFan2012 like this.
  18. Mister Muppet Active Member

the first muppet related thing i saw was a old vhs of the very best of the muppet show volume 2 which i still have ;):)
  19. vettech28 Active Member

The first Muppet related thing is a video my parents recorded for me when I was little, it has four episodes of Sesame Street from the early 1990s. Then I had both "It's the Muppets" videos and I would watch the videos over and over again.
  20. Animal'sBunny Active Member

I've been watching Sesame Street ever since I can remember. I know I LOVED when Ernie and Bert played hide-and-go-seek with Ernie's Rubber Ducky. I also remember loving the Count and counting with him. Neither of those are on Sesame Street any more (yes the Count still counts but not like he used to) which is really too bad.
    I also remember going to my Aunt and Uncle's when I was really little and always wanting to watch Muppet's Christmas Carol.