What's the most FUN episode of The Muppet Show?

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Title says it all. Which episode do you think is the one that exemplifies the fun nature of the show? Where every minute is a laugh, every joke works, every character is at their best?

For me - I will always love the Lynn Redgrave episode. My goodness, what a twenty-two minutes. Kermit and the Merry Men breaking into the dungeon and THEN into Ms. Redgrave's dressing room always makes me laugh. It's basically the same thing twice, but I think they knew it was so funny that they had to do it again.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I thought the season 3 episode with Harry Belafonte was a good one. The opening was hilarious! "Lagies & Jenkelfins (or something similar to that extent), welcium again tie the muppel shocks! Our speckial guest STAP is the amazing Hapry (Ladies & Gentlemen, that's Harry Belafonte) (something irritates Kermit, or something like that) *Fozzie tried to write the opening, but all those spelling errors have made me laugh time after time!*

Another episode I thought was funny was the one with the "running gags" (I like that one part where the Newsman is running to his desk, and then Fozzie looks at the camera and says "Now THAT'S a running gag!"

dwmckim

Reaction score
The Melissa Manchester episode is the most fun episode.

Why?

Because when i went to the amusement park with the Muppet Show episodes, the MM eppy was the only one willing to accompany me on all the roller coasters.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Lorretta Lynn- The Rhyming Song The Rhyming Song!
Cloris Leachman- Three words Kermit the Pig!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'd say the Teresa Brewer and John Cleese episodes are the most fun. Many of the craziest episodes have their serious moments despite the craziness, but those two don't have any real serious scenes (well, Teresa Brewer's numbers are more entertaining than funny). But every sketch in those two episodes are enjoyable.

I came close to also listing the Melissa Manchester episode. It had a lot of craziness involved, there wasn't much of a plot (unless you count the scenes with the skiiers, as well as the general craziness), it has one of my favorite Lips moments, and all of Melissa Manchester's numbers are enjoyable, though the first one is too serious (though I've been enjoying that song, "Don't Cry Out Loud", a lot more in recent years, whether it's the verison from The Muppet Show or any other version), and I don't think the brief scene with Melissa in the wings is that good, and Beauregard's harmonica solo and "How Much is That Doggy in the Window" are only good, not great.

Mary Louise

Reaction score
I love the James Coco episode—how Coco thinks the show needs "razzle dazzle" and decides to liven it up. So then the Swedish Chef is interrupted by Spanish dancers, and Dr. Bob is "razzle dazzled" by a line of chorus girls!

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I love the James Coco episode—how Coco thinks the show needs "razzle dazzle" and decides to liven it up. So then the Swedish Chef is interrupted by Spanish dancers, and Dr. Bob is "razzle dazzled" by a line of chorus girls!
Piggy-Dr. Bob how can you concentrate with this girls dancing.
Rowlf-Easy! I never take my eyes off them!