What's the Name of that Song DVD

dmx10101

Reaction score
Sony Wonder's got the right address for kidvid with it's newest DTV Sesame Street release, What's the Name of That Song?, which arrives April 6 on VHS ($9.98) and DVD ($12.98). The release celebrates the 35th anniversary of the children's show and features celebrity guest appearances from Maya Angelou, Wayne Brady, Katie Couric, The Dixie Chicks, Gloria Estefan, Diana Krall, Patti LaBelle, Nathan Lane, Conan O'Brian, Queen Latifah, REM, Ben Stiller, and Vanessa Williams among others. Shot on location in New York City, What's The Name of That Song? follows "Super Grover" in his search to find one song that the whole world can sing together, which turns out to be the Sesame Street classic "Sing." On the way, Grover and his buddies snap out a few other favorites, including Bert's classic "Doin' the Pigeon." DVD extras include a book insert with photos of the Muppets and song lyrics, interviews with the Muppets, a trivia game, four classic "Sasame Street" shorts and a parenting section, "Music Works Wonders," a 22-minute featurette that encourages children to explore, learn, create, and grow with music. Also streeting April 6 are three debuts of other Sesame Street singalong programs, including Sing, Hoot & Howl With the Sesame Street Animals and Fiesta!, which features guest performances from Celia Cruz and Linda Ronstadt. All three DVDs are priced at $12.98. Nov. 10 marks the 35th anniversary of "Sesame Street" and the show's new season begins on PBS two days before What's the Name of That Song? hits stores.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The DVD has a nice line-up. Some of the guest spots are different than what was included on the audio Songs From The Street set. Sesame Workshop wanted to include Diana Krall on the audio collection, but apparently the royalty rates she wanted were too high. So it's great to see her included on the upcoming DVD.

Ryan

Reaction score
Finally! The Diana Krall song (Everybody's Song)!

This is going to be an amazing video.

Dantecat

Reaction score
If there's going to be 4 Classic Skits,Which one's will be on there phillip?
I hope Don Music is in there. :crazy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
dmx10101 said:
What's The Name of That Song? follows "Super Grover" in his search to find one song that the whole world can sing together, which turns out to be the Sesame Street classic "Sing." On the way, Grover and his buddies snap out a few other favorites, including Bert's classic "Doin' the Pigeon."
Seems an AWFUL lot like 25 years of Music and magic......

>>Finally! The Diana Krall song (Everybody's Song)!

This is going to be an amazing video.<<

Dear god, no! I think that the celebrity covers are okay, but I remember hearing that... terribly off key, and not one iota as good as the Bip Bopadotta/ Oinker Sisters version...

ssetta

Reaction score
I think the version with Bip Bipodatta is pretty much gove forever. We'll never be seeing any of that rare stuff again, because they don't think that people care as much as we do.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Errr... we could see it on Plaza Sesamo... they use it a lot... :smirk:

Who the heck is Diana Krell anyway?

ssetta

Reaction score
I think he means Diana Krall . He spelt her name wrong.

Ryan

Reaction score
ssetta said:
I think he means Diana Krall . He spelt her name wrong.
Yeah, it's Krall. She's an amazing Jazz musician. I actually loved her version of the song, and that's how I became a fan of her.