1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What's the Name of that Song DVD

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by dmx10101, Mar 3, 2004.

1. dmx10101

dmx10101 Member

Sony Wonder's got the right address for kidvid with it's newest DTV Sesame Street release, What's the Name of That Song?, which arrives April 6 on VHS ($9.98) and DVD ($12.98). The release celebrates the 35th anniversary of the children's show and features celebrity guest appearances from Maya Angelou, Wayne Brady, Katie Couric, The Dixie Chicks, Gloria Estefan, Diana Krall, Patti LaBelle, Nathan Lane, Conan O'Brian, Queen Latifah, REM, Ben Stiller, and Vanessa Williams among others. Shot on location in New York City, What's The Name of That Song? follows "Super Grover" in his search to find one song that the whole world can sing together, which turns out to be the Sesame Street classic "Sing." On the way, Grover and his buddies snap out a few other favorites, including Bert's classic "Doin' the Pigeon." DVD extras include a book insert with photos of the Muppets and song lyrics, interviews with the Muppets, a trivia game, four classic "Sasame Street" shorts and a parenting section, "Music Works Wonders," a 22-minute featurette that encourages children to explore, learn, create, and grow with music. Also streeting April 6 are three debuts of other Sesame Street singalong programs, including Sing, Hoot & Howl With the Sesame Street Animals and Fiesta!, which features guest performances from Celia Cruz and Linda Ronstadt. All three DVDs are priced at $12.98. Nov. 10 marks the 35th anniversary of "Sesame Street" and the show's new season begins on PBS two days before What's the Name of That Song? hits stores.
  2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

The DVD has a nice line-up. Some of the guest spots are different than what was included on the audio Songs From The Street set. Sesame Workshop wanted to include Diana Krall on the audio collection, but apparently the royalty rates she wanted were too high. So it's great to see her included on the upcoming DVD.
  3. Ryan

Ryan New Member

Finally! The Diana Krall song (Everybody's Song)!

This is going to be an amazing video.
  4. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

If there's going to be 4 Classic Skits,Which one's will be on there phillip?
    I hope Don Music is in there. :crazy:
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Seems an AWFUL lot like 25 years of Music and magic......

>>Finally! The Diana Krall song (Everybody's Song)!

This is going to be an amazing video.<<

Dear god, no! I think that the celebrity covers are okay, but I remember hearing that... terribly off key, and not one iota as good as the Bip Bopadotta/ Oinker Sisters version...
  6. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

I think the version with Bip Bipodatta is pretty much gove forever. We'll never be seeing any of that rare stuff again, because they don't think that people care as much as we do.
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Errr... we could see it on Plaza Sesamo... they use it a lot... :smirk:

Who the heck is Diana Krell anyway?
  8. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

I think he means Diana Krall . He spelt her name wrong.
  9. Ryan

Ryan New Member

Yeah, it's Krall. She's an amazing Jazz musician. I actually loved her version of the song, and that's how I became a fan of her.
  10. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

11. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

Hmm, I'll have to ask Vicki about this on Monday.
  12. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I see Oscar, Ernie and Bert are the others I see.
  13. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

I even seen Big Bird on it too.
  14. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I see them now! :)
  15. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

Does anybody know what 4 Classic Sesame Street Skits will be on there yet?I am waiting to see it! :sing: :)
  16. janicegroupie

janicegroupie New Member

My fiancee read on some website that the Pinball Sketch is one of the 4 classics on there but that is not a definite answer just hearsay. It comes out today though so I'm sure there are people watching it as I type this and finding out.