What's the REAL second rule?

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I just saw a Burger King commercial with Homer Simpson and he said it was "the three-second-rule"
Of course, Homer will probably eat anything off the floor, no matter how long it's been there.

He's eaten radiation, rancid hot dogs, bad shrimp, a moldy old sandwich and decades-old baking soda, just to name a very few...

Teheheman

Reaction score
I have always heard 5 second rule. That is the rule I live by. I was GONNA say something about Mythbusters, but I got beat to the punch. I guess I'll have to be the first to find it on YouTube huh?

Daniel

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I've always heard the five second rule, myself. I used to not care. I would do it just to impress (or freak then out, haha!) people and they usually weren't very impressed at all, but something the freak them out gross them out if you will part worked, hehe!. So at least that worked out well for me.:wink: Sometimes would do in on a dare and then they'd go get somebody to show and that person would be like so what? But it used to depend on the floor, too. But I've heard the saying that God made dirt, and dirt don't hurt, LOL! So that made me feel better. But not I just can't bring myself to do it anymore. Oh well I guess. I don't really feel like I'm missing anything of importance. I guess I'm just not a big fan of letting things go to waist. life's fun!:big_grin: