What's the weirdest movie you've ever seen?

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------------
Kurasawa...ooooh. I ran into "Ran" very late at night decades ago and was utterly entranced!
Was a David Lynch fan in college; a buddy and I watched "Eraserhead" and "Blue Velvet" back to back...now THAT was a weird night, though I enjoyed Dennis Hopper in "BV" far more than the total strangeness inherent to "Eraserhead".
"The Room" is ONLY bearable if you watch the Rifftrax version, which is funny as heck.
"Adventures of Baron Munchausen" is fun, but not as bizarre as "Time Bandits"!

Weirdest ever...dunno. "Eraserhead" would rank very high on that list. I've seen "Caligari" (LOVE Expressionist film -- ever see "The Golem"? Beautiful!) and "Carnival of Souls", which, though odd, is gorgeously filmed. I'll watch any eye candy you throw at me! But weirdest ever...geez, I've seen so many MSTs it's hard to set a standard anymore...

-----------------------

Drtooth

Reaction score
Triplets of Belville...

And if I say it's weird than it must be weird. Very weird, wonderful film. Just very strange plot line, weird character designs... it's so freaking brilliant. Horridly underrated.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
The Fifth Element. Weirdest movie EVER, yet I couldn't help but like it. :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Triplets of Belville...

And if I say it's weird than it must be weird. Very weird, wonderful film. Just very strange plot line, weird character designs... it's so freaking brilliant. Horridly underrated.
I love how that one episode of the Simpsons spoofed the look/feel of French animation like Triplets. Actually that direct has done some really good stuff, and overall I very much dig the French style. Ive gotten tired of Japanese anime in recent years

beaker

Reaction score
The Fifth Element. Weirdest movie EVER, yet I couldn't help but like it. :smile:
LEELOODALLAS MULTIPASS! :smile:

I kind of hesitated to post weird movies Ive seen...as the kind of strange films Ive seen would most likely be way too much for the average person

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually that direct has done some really good stuff, and overall I very much dig the French style. Ive gotten tired of Japanese anime in recent years
No one really digs other foreign animation. I love anime and all, but now, only the movies and certain shows really excite me. They seem to be having problems marketing their stuff over there... they only want to do terrible Moe crap because its the one thing that sells. And like I always say, the best kids stuff they have over there, they usually keep to themselves because they can't sell 500 collectible plush characters out of them.

There are a lot of very weird movies I could list, but Triplets is over all weird with one of the craziest plots I've ever seen, and some great French humor about other countries. I love how the little old lady that never says a thing the movie's focused on all the sudden she pulls up to a piano where she sings in Portuguese.

Now the weird film I thankfully didn't see the whole way through is the Animated Titanic.

NOT the one reviewed by the Nostalgia Critic (the Legend Lives on). The other one. You see, the one NC reviewed is basically... well, Ratatoing. The cheap ripoff of a CRAZIER film called The Legend of Titanic. You see, while The Legend Lives on gets its weirdness from a rapping dog, a bunch of stolen Disney characters and the happy ending... The Legend of Titanic get's its from all original craziness. According to this movie, the Titanic sinking was a conspiracy from a large whale and a bunch of sharks who suckered a puppy faced kiddy octopus into tossing an iceberg at the ship. And it got so weird I blanked out and can't remember any of the rest of it.

The Rapping Dog makes a LOT more sense now.

But that's not even the worst of it. It spawned a sequel where the major characters on the ship go to Atlantis for some reason, and the Octopus is now a quarter of its size.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
My pics-

Six String Samurai- In a post-apocalyptic 1960's Nevada, "The King (Elvis)" has died in "Lost" Vegas, and Buddy (obviously meant to be Buddy Holly), a guitar plucking samurai, intends to make his way across the desert to fill the void left by the rock-and-roll king. On the way, he has to fend off cannibals, a small Russian army, and Death himself, all the while protecting a young orphan. Made on a relatively low budget, I found it an entertaining and original film.

Akira- World-renowned Anime classic and one of my all time favs, but still pretty weird.

Cemetary Man- A groundskeeper at a cemetery is tasked with killing the dead a second time when they're resurrected as zombies at the mysterious burial ground. It starts off as a straightforward horror film, but quickly veers into the bizarre in the second half of the film.

Rock and Rule- Another post-apocalyptic film, all the humans have been wiped out by nuclear war, and the world is now populated by talking rodents and other creatures. In this animated musical, a struggling rock band must save their female singer from Mok, a malevolent rock star (and David Bowie parody) who intends to use the young singer to summon a demon. Features great music by Debbie Harry, Cheap Trick, Lou Reed, Iggy Pop, Earth, Wind & Fire, and more. One of my all time favorite animated films.

Yorick

Reaction score
I have an affection for it because I discovered it in 2007, when it first came out on DVD.
I first heard of "The Room" from a friend in 2009, when I saw a copy he recorded from Cartoon Network on April Fool's Day of that year. Tommy Wiseau (the man behind "The Room") seems like a really nice person, by the way.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I tried watching Fantastic Planet too. That was really weird. But not quite in a fun way. Kinda a scary nightmarish weird.