What's the weirdest movie you've ever seen?

beaker

Reaction score
I tried watching Fantastic Planet too. That was really weird. But not quite in a fun way. Kinda a scary nightmarish weird.
If you want beyond scary "holy crap what did I just see" nightmarish films, have I got quite an extensive recommendation list for you:3

newsmanfan

Reaction score
I first heard of "The Room" from a friend in 2009, when I saw a copy he recorded from Cartoon Network on April Fool's Day of that year. Tommy Wiseau (the man behind "The Room") seems like a really nice person, by the way.
Tommy Wiseau is a lunatic egomaniac who is utterly CONVINCED his film is High Art. He's become so legendary that the Rifftrax guys (Mike Nelson & Kevin Murphy from MST) have been throwing Tommy Wiseau jokes in numerous riffs since they totaled his trainwreck of a plotless melodrama -- as in, "Well, that shot was ok, but this guy's no Tommy Wiseau!" :smile:
----------------------

Friskies

Reaction score
Ugh, the Human Centipede 1 and 2. Nothing tops that, and I have seen some weird weird stuff thanks to the internet.

I loved Paprika and Fifth Element!

Drtooth

Reaction score
If you want beyond scary "holy crap what did I just see" nightmarish films, have I got quite an extensive recommendation list for you:3
No way, man... I like my weird Great Gonzo weird, not crazy guy holding a dangerous weapon weird. You know, FUN weird.

Yorick

Reaction score
Tommy Wiseau is a lunatic egomaniac who is utterly CONVINCED his film is High Art. He's become so legendary that the Rifftrax guys (Mike Nelson & Kevin Murphy from MST) have been throwing Tommy Wiseau jokes in numerous riffs since they totaled his trainwreck of a plotless melodrama -- as in, "Well, that shot was ok, but this guy's no Tommy Wiseau!" :smile:
----------------------
But isn't Mr. Wiseau's film more creative than most of the criticism he gets? Fan or not, I don't think you can call those MST lines their most original work.

Tommy has said the film can be whatever you want it to be - so he may not actually think The Room is equal to Casablanca. But even if he did think it was the best film ever, as long as he's kind to others (which I believe he is - I've not heard anything bad about him in that regard) I think that makes up for it.

Not all people on an ego trip are uncaring about others. Some are still sensitive to the needs of others and want to help make the world better.

Now, I don't know if this description of crusader fits Tommy, but then, I don't know if he has an ego, either. So I'm just trying to stand up for him, in the meantime. But I respect your views on him. :smile: I'm just trying to give another opinion here.

But I'm sure he doesn't need my meager help, with the paycheck he gets from The Room!:eek:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Not all people on an ego trip are uncaring about others.
I obviously don't know the guy and can't say one way or the other. But you are right, people can have big egos but not be completely terrible people. :wink:

Yorick

Reaction score
I obviously don't know the guy and can't say one way or the other. But you are right, people can have big egos but not be completely terrible people. :wink:
Glad you know what I mean :smile: I only know what I know of him from the Cartoon Network edit of "The Room" and a few interviews, but I have a positive view of the guy.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Glad you know what I mean :smile: I only know what I know of him from the Cartoon Network edit of "The Room" and a few interviews, but I have a positive view of the guy.
No problem. :smile: I admit the only time I've seen "The Room" was through the Nostalgia Critic review, lol. I can see where it probably had a thoughtful message behind it, but it just suffered from sub par writing and (therefore) acting. I'm a supporter of independent films, but unfortunately this is a common problem, heh.

beaker

Reaction score
Weirdest Japanese film ever? 2009's Big Man Japan. I think Dr Tooth would love that one, heh

Oh, and here's the film(yes I sat through it all) that makes The Room look like a visionary best film oscar contender: After Last Season(I think it only played a few US theaters last year)

Vincent L

Reaction score
Sadly, I'll go for The Muppets' Wizard of Oz. The storyline is confusing, with 3 Kermits. One in the real world talking to the director, one in the movie holding "Star Search", and one as the scarecrow. It's hard to follow along.
Also, the horrible special effects. I prefer if they don't use them at all.