1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

What's your favorite Fraggle song?

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Rowbes, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Rowbes New Member

If you could pick just one.
    I like "Why." When I heard it I couldn't help wondering what it would sound like if Leonard Cohen sang it, so I recorded it on my PC using a guitar, synthesizer and my best Cohen impersonation.
  2. Cantus Rock New Member

Ugh, to pick just one...

I had about 90 or 100 on my old computer. I transferred my very favorites to this one. How many do I now have on here? 31. :) hehe.

I guess if I had to choose one, it'd have to be "Let Me Be Your Song." Any time I listen to it I bow my head as if it were a religious experience in memorium for Jim. Other top favorites:

-All Around the World
    -Follow the Road
    -Goodbye, Goodbye (always gets me choked up)
    -The Rock Goes On
    -Sleep by the Light of the Moon

Too many greats to choose just one. Talk about a show that consistantly delivered amazing music.
  3. Foodie Active Member

Not sure of my absolute favorite but it's prolly a toss-up between " Petals Of The Rose " and " Once Upon A Time I Knew My Name " and " Just A Dream Away ". :smirk:

Nick
  4. Frags New Member

Mine's probably 'The Children of Tomorrow' - though I think that might be as a matter of principle - who knows?
  5. redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

I also don't think I could pick just one, but here are a few:

All Around the World (or Around the Universe, or Traveling Matt, however it's known to people)
    Bring Back the Wonder (yeah it's a little sad, but I like it)
    Magic Be with You (a very fitting end to the show)

There are others but I can't think of them right now. Music was such a central part of that show, it was all so great!
  6. Erine81981 Active Member

I love everyone I can think of. I'm listening to one right now. Like everyone else I can't just pick one.

Fun is here to stay (Sidebottem, Junior and Fraggles)
    Remembering Song (Boober and Wembley)
    Around the Universe (Traveling Matt, Gobo, Red and Wembley)
    Dum son of gun (Pa and Junior Gorg)
    Beattle Song (Mokey and Red)

I have serval. Cantus Rock do you have Dum son of gun song? I would love that song. Or just anymore!
  7. Rowbes New Member

I could make you an mp3 of "dum son of a gun" from the LP, if you don't mind hearing the sweet crackle of vinyl.
  8. Erine81981 Active Member

Sure I'll take whatever you got. Thanks.
  9. redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

I love the Beetle Song! I almost forgot that it was one of my favorites! I've never really been able to sing it though!
  10. Cantus Rock New Member

I'll PM you when I get home from work tonight with a list of what I still have. Maybe we can do a trade.
  11. Erine81981 Active Member

Yea its pretty hard to keep up. I have the lyrics so its kind of easy.

Ok thanks Cantus.
  12. MuppetDude Active Member

One of my favorites is "Dixie Wailin'". :smirk: :excited:
  13. christyb New Member

You mean I gotta pick just one???? Well here's my top ten...

10. Dixie Wailin'
    9. Bring Back The Wonder
    8. Goodbye
    7. Friendship Song
    6. Wemblin' Fool
    5. Dance Your Cares Away
    4. Pukka, Squeetily, Boink
    3. Pass It On
    2. Wembley Number Nine
    1. *drumroll* Follow Me
  14. Cantus Rock New Member

I think its safe to say that if you have a single favorite FR song, you haven't seen enough episodes yet. :D
  15. MuppetDude Active Member

No kidding; the show's got hundreds of great songs!
  16. pigOnantibiotix New Member

definitely 'take it away' sang by boober in doomsday soup, just fricking awesome.. and 'why' sang by mokey in the preachification of convincing john.. woohoo :cool:
  17. pigOnantibiotix New Member

Ok, you rock. I tried to imagine that (huge fan of leonard cohen), it would be kind of neat.. simple enough lyrics for sure.. why is also my favorite fraggle song.
  18. Rowbes New Member

You can hear it if you want. I just made it to amuse myself on a lazy day off from work, but if you're a Cohen fan you might get a kick out of it. I changed a couple lines to make it appropriately depressing.
  19. Rowbes New Member

20. pigOnantibiotix New Member

I'm really impressed, that's just wonderful .. You really have a great voice.. Is there any way I can save that?

I looked at your site rowbes, you seem like an amazingly talented person. Anytime you feel like posting other songs on here make sure and do so, I look forward to it.