What's your favorite Grover sketch?

fozziefan

Reaction score
Hello everybodee!

In honor of the new DVD coming out, I was wondering if anyone wanted to share their favorite sketches featuring lovable furry old Grover.

My favorite takes place in Charlie's Restaurant. Fat blue orders a hamburger. Grover asks him if he wants the small size or the big size. He says the small size and Grover comes back with a teeny tiny hamburger. Blue says he'll take the big one instead and Grover goes back to the kitchen and says something like "broil the biggie" and this huge hamburger gets shoved through the kitchen doors but is so big that it barely fits. The two extremes were just hilarious to me. Anyone else have a fave?

fozziefan

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Favorite Grover sketches/moments

First one that comes to mind is

• Near and Far.
  • All of the Grover and Fat Blue sketches
  • Monster in the Mirror
  • Over,under,around,and through
  • Fuzzy and Blue(and Orange)
  • all Super Grover Sketches

Xerus

Reaction score
My favorite skit was where Grover was singing Monster in the Mirror with either two monsters or a bunch of celebrities.

And one skit that made me laugh so much was where this lady showed us a painting of a doorway and some kids were walking through it. Grover wanted to go it through. First he left the room and you could hear him backing up, then charging like a madman while the lady was wondering what he was doing. But then, Grover's head burst through the painting ruining it. It was kind of surprising, yet funny.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
- The ones where he would try to sell Kermit something he didn't need(earmuffs, nose warmers, etc.)
- Any of the Waiter sketches
- Any Super-Grover sketches

ceecee

Reaction score
Grover is awesome! The scenes at the restaurant with Fat Blue are the best!

I like the one where Grover doesn't want to write anything down, so he comes up with rhymes to remember the orders. "Round and tasty on a bun, pickles, french fries, yum yum yum!" Then he brings Fat Blue a grapefruit on a bun.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Super Grover!

Let's see. I love all the Super Grover segments. I vaguely recall one about Grover landing in an alley of some sort and helping a little girl find a missing apple, maybe, from her lunch? It's a very hazy memory, but I do love Super Grover. Any of the Grover and Fat Blue scenes at Charlie's Restaurant rule. I definitely remember the ones already mentioned. There's also the one where Grover brings out the special of the day and he does a dance every time and drops them all. Except for the number 1 special, which actually is a number one!

I love the Near and Far sketch and the Over, Under, Around and Through song. I also distinctly remember the original 1989 version of "Monster in the Mirror", which is a hilarious song. I remember the bit at the end with all the celebrities and I remember a early version of the Simpsons showing up. Bart yells out to someone, "Hey, Wubba man!" and Homer gets mad and yells "Bart!"

Also, there's a really neat Grover song called "What Do I Do When I'm Alone?"- I like that one.

There's also the sketch where Grover's exploring the surface of the moon, but gets scared and winds up flinging off the covers where he was really just in bed, pretending to be on the moon.

I love the bits where Grover is trying to sell Kermit stuff that he doesn't need. I remember those too now that I've been reminded of them.
Those two are another great comedic pair, like Kermit and Fozzie and Ernie and Bert, mainly because of Jim Henson and Frank Oz's perfect timing.

I also like the Fuzzy and Blue (and Orange) song. It's nice to see Frazzle in it, since he's hardly ever shown anymore. Although come to think of it, you can see him in the background when Grover is dancing at the disco hall at the very start of The Street We Live On special, where Doris Roberts is talking about what she likes about Sesame Street.

Another thing I like is Grover's appearances in Alistair Cookie's (Cookie Monster's) Monsterpiece Theater.
I remember great sketches he did on "The 39 Steps", "The Old Man and the C", and "The Sound of Music". (The hills were literally alive with the sound of music in that one.)

I believe he and some other monsters like Herry and Cookie did a song called "Got to be Blue".
It was sort of an anthem for blue monsters. I seem to remember that song too.

It will be neat seeing a good Grover video. And for anyone who doesn't have it, pick up the 2 volumes of the Sesame Street: Platinum album, which has some great classic Sesame Street songs, including quite a few Grover songs. It's on Amazon.com

Unfortunately, it seems that hardly any of these great Grover sketches and songs are shown anymore though. :sleep: :boo: :grouchy:

Klonoa

Reaction score
I always wondered what Charlie in the kitchen was like.

--Klonoa

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I thought of another one while at work.Grover selling Kermit a toothbrush.:smile:

Xerus

Reaction score
ceecee said:
Grover is awesome! The scenes at the restaurant with Fat Blue are the best!

I like the one where Grover doesn't want to write anything down, so he comes up with rhymes to remember the orders. "Round and tasty on a bun, pickles, french fries, yum yum yum!" Then he brings Fat Blue a grapefruit on a bun.
And I like Grover's second verse. "In a hurry to be fed. Beady eyes and big blue head!" :smile:

Klonoa

Reaction score
Man I wish my memory were as good as you folks' memories are so I could remember some of those funny lines, too!

--Klonoa