What's your favorite part of holiday season?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I love seeing how excited everybody gets over the holiday season. There is a different mood around when it gets really close to the holidays; the decorations, the trees, the lights, the snow (hopefully). I just love sitting in my living room at night on christmas eve with the tree lit up and all the lights off, just gazing out the window. It's beautiful.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Watching Christmas specials and listening to Christmas music is always fun!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Christmas music & movies are LOVE. My favorite thing ever.
And thank goodness for youtube, otherwise a whole lot of us wouldn't have access to all the Muppet Xmas specials!
Watching Christmas specials and listening to Christmas music is always fun!
You know since a lot of us mentioned Christmas specials as big parts of our holiday memories, I just wanted to shamelessly plug my new Blog entry about a Christmas special I remember that doesn't get a lot of attention nowadays. Hope you enjoy, lol. :smile:

http://herald7.wordpress.com/2011/12/14/lost-treasure-5-the-stingiest-man-in-town/

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I just love it all. There's a couple of traditions that have developed in the last few years since I left for college that have become really dear to me...

-On Christmas Eve, my dad and I always go to Southpoint Mall - the last mall built in North Carolina, around eight years ago - about 8 in the morning. We always get coffee at this one little place, always wander around even if we don't buy anything at a particular store, and most of the time we see a movie before we leave (last year's was True Grit - a wonderful movie for Christmastime, I feel). And we always stop at the big pet store to get stuff to spoil all the animals in our lives with.

-I listen to John Henry Faulk's Christmas story, which you can hear right here (suitable for work and little ears):

It's just one of the most amazing things I've ever heard. Faulk was true blue.

-My mom has gotten up there in age, and my sister generally wraps presents to get into the holiday spirit. So - I do the tree. The whole thing, by myself. We buy it, put it up - and then I like to surprise them by doing it at night so when they wake up in the morning, it's there. I get so much joy out of seeing the tree lit up at nighttime when all the other lights are off.

There's so many more where that came from. I love this whole beautiful season.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
The music, the sounds of children laughing, and the challenge of making myself a vegan Christmas dinner. Oh, yeah, and trying to convince my mom to let our family celebrate Kwanzaa every year. :smile:

Puckrox

Reaction score
I'm currently curled up in bed listening to Christmas music. I was pretty sure I was going to go out and have an adventure today, but the weather's so dreary and I'm careless. I think I'll just stay in bed and enjoy Christmas music instead. I love Christmas music.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------------
Having small children in my life to spoil while they're at the age they'll love it...even though I've never met them. (My nieces, who live across the country, and I haven't been able to afford a trip home since they were born...) But putting together a box of fun things and stuffing stocking for them (bath paint! picture books! stuffies!) was a blast.
-----------------------

Puckrox

Reaction score
I'm currently wrapped up in a blanket next to my college town's Christmas tree, wearing a Santa hat and my Muppet footie pjs, drinking a mug of wine, eating doughnuts, and watching Muppets Letter's To Santa.
I love Christmas. <3

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I'm currently wrapped up in a blanket next to my college town's Christmas tree, wearing a Santa hat and my Muppet footie pjs, drinking a mug of wine, eating doughnuts, and watching Muppets Letter's To Santa.
I love Christmas. <3
So do I!

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I love Christmas. <3
Sounds cozy :big_grin: I love cuddling up with a good blanket and reading or watching something Christmas-y.