What's your favorite Sesame 1-2-3's?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
In the spirit of the "What's your favorite SS ABC"s?" thread, I, the Count von Count present this similar thread to voice your favorite sketches from SS on the subject of 1-2-3's. You can pick a specific sketch used to count up until the number of the day was selected, or any sketch or song on any particular number.
Here's my list:
*10 Tiny Turtles.
*11- The sketch where a Catherine O'Hara looking muppet wrote the number 11 on a chalkboard, and then had the entire set tilted until it was upside-down.
*12- The Ladybug's Picnic.

* Though it doesn't reach the higher numbers, I like the Count's new counting organ.
* And of course, the story that helped usher the highest number of the day, Numberella and the number 21!

So what are your fave sketches or songs?

Thunder clashing and Lightning flashing, the Count.

wockawocka

Reaction score
Turtles are good, but I don't really reamember seeing that. I like the one with The Count in the classroom, couting the kids.

Joggy

Reaction score
I love the one from 1969 where Ernie is the World's Greatest Counter and counts from 1 to 10. He just gets distracted real easily and has to start all over again. This makes Bert highly annoyed of course.

Ernie: "1! 2! 3!"
Bert: "Grrr."
Ernie: "Was that you growling Bert?"
Bert: "YES! That was ME."
Ernie: "I thought so. 1! 2! 3..."

Splurge

Reaction score
With me, it's a tie between Henson's falling chef number films and the psychadelic racecar/spies cartoons with Jefferson Airplane & Grace Slick.

ssetta

Reaction score
We can't forget the pinball number series!
Grover/Herb count to 20
Cowboys with horses counting to 20
Counting 1-20 Indian Song
Anything with The Count
Count It Higher w/Chris and the Alphabeats
Elephant counting to 20
Hawaiian counting song (1-20)
Count Up To Nine
Ten Commandments Of Health
Honk Around The Clock
Turtle and Rabbit Race Upstairs
40 Dots
Star light, Star Bright
Lemmings Wuntafordy (1-40)

And there are many others.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Speaking of the animated pinball segment, there's something that's been bugging me for a while. About two or three years ago, I was watching a college football game on ABC between 3-4 PM. During the commercial break, I saw the pinball segment right there on ABC! Did anybody catch this appearance? Also, there's a classic segment I remember that hasn't been shown in the longest time. This sketch involved Muppet-like numbers from 1 to 10 in a reverse counting-down order at a pageant. All the numbers were female and had their outlines dotted by small bulb-encased lights. The point of the sketch was that 1 was nervous about going onstage, until she sang her song, since she was that episode's number of the day. Does anyone else know about this sketch? Anyway, thanks for the counting memories.

ssetta

Reaction score
What would the pinball segment be doing on ABC?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, ssetta: I was just as surprised to see the pinball segment on ABC during that Saturday college football game. That's why I posted it and asked if anyone else had seen it. To this day, I still don't know how or why it was shown on ABC by itself.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
I like the baker, pinball, and "jazz" skits, as well as "The King of Eight," and the segment with Bill Cosby and Bill Cosby counting.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Pinball Count
King of Eight
Ladybug Picnic

Classic Sesame

Quinnnnnnnnnnnn