What's Your Favorite Sesame Street Parody?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
The Dragnet Priority. chasing after the W and it turns itself upside down saying he's a M. and the cops are dumb enough to fall for it. something Joe Friday on the real Dragnet series would fall for.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yeah the Dragnet one was a real good one. "A straight line up, a straight line down, a straight line up, and a straight line dow..." Neat use of the Dragnet like music as they were on the hunt for the w.
Wasn't there also another Dragnet parody made in more recent SS? I don't know anything about the details, except that I recall throughout we hear the famous four beats of the Dragnet theme. But it went, "dee dee DEE dee" rather than, "dum dum DUM dum." Perhaps in this sketch there was a letter d? :smile:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
there was done in the 90s about the letter D. I saw it but can't remember much about it, didn't watch SS as much in the 90s. don't think it was as good as the other one. BTW where were you yesterday. it's always nice having you and SS Mike around.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Oh I'm sure it wasn't nearly as good as that early 70's one.
And yesterday I visited my great aunt after work at the nursing home she's at. And since I am in the middle of another long work stretch, I was real exhausted when I got home at about 7. So I just watched some Phillies baseball and hit the hay. It was the first time in quite a while I went a whole day without visiting MC. Thanks for your nice words, Mike. So nice that someone noticed I wasn't on. :smile: And it's always great to see you here regularly, too. And Sesame Mike. (Too bad I think he missed all the birthday wishes that people gave him. He may only check the classic Sesame Street threads. Next year we'll have to wish him a happy bday on that thread instead. :smile: ).

Xerus

Reaction score
I like the Monsterpiece Theater episode where Cookie Monster did a spoof of Twin Peaks called Twin Beaks. Cookie was in a town where all the citizens were birds, who had two beaks. And Cookie was trying to figure out why the town was called Twin Beaks. And he was enjoying some darn fine pie and a darn fine plate. He even met a log bird who had a talking log. :smile: