What's your most prized Muppet item?

CherryPizza

Reaction score
What's your most prized Mupept item?

Beaker, never let it be said you haven't inspired anybody.

After discussion about the beloved (to me anyway) Fisher Price Stick Puppets, and Beaker's comment, "So yes folks, there is other Muppet figure lines out there *besides* Palisades!", it became clear that this is a thread that MUST be begun.

So, Muppet collectors, amongst the collections that you hold near and dear as a whole, what are the items that REALLY stand out as loved items, great finds, proud possessions, sentimental icons.

I hasten to point out that I've only been collecting for three years, and, as I've said before, here in Australia, it's a slight Muppet product vacuum, so my collection is not yet ready to impress those on the collectors' circle (somewhere in the 300-400 items region), but some that stand out as "special" to me are...

* The box set of Kermit, Piggy, Rowlf and Fozzie Stick Puppets

* Bendee Ernie

* The album "Bert and Ernie Sing-Along" (this was the one Muppet record I had as a kid, and was thrilled to find another copy as an adult)

* The Fisher Price 1978 Scooter toy

So YOUR turn now, may the list of love begin!

Cherry "dreaming of a Sesame Street Little People clubhouse" Pizza

matleo

Reaction score
Most prized Muppet item...that's easy!

1984 theatrical poster for Muppets Take Manhattan signed by Jim Henson. They set up a small shop in the NY Macy's to promote both MTM and the (then) upcoming Muppet Babies cartoon and Jim was at the grand opening signing MTM posters. It was awesome. Sadly, I remember very little as I was only 6 years old.

--Matt

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Beaker, never let it be said you haven't inspired anybody<<<

Why thank you! I try to inspire and create and shake things up:wink:

My most prized muppet treasures:

*MV3D employee beaker labcoat
*TMS Scooter styled crew jacket
*signed w/ COAT JH autograph
*wilkins and wontkins vinyl puppets
*tinkerdee, santa clause switch, and mv3d on vhs

...ok, this is more of a wish list. Theres people on here that have the above items, sadly Im not hardcore enough to find them:wink:

No, my most treasured Muppet things are the personal ones. Most from Muppetfest...I swear that live Muppet show was one of the coolest moments of my life so far. The photo of me with *thee* Sweetums(a fellow freak), the autographed litho of the gang, the personally signed auograph of the muppeteers, the karen prell autograph, and my fave...the personally signed by Pepe autpgraph to me.

tomahawk

Reaction score
mine are the pewter hallmark muppet movie nick-nacks and my signed jim henson the works book from muppetfest. also my talking kermit signed by steve whitmire and brian henson.

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by matleo
Most prized Muppet item...that's easy!

1984 theatrical poster for Muppets Take Manhattan signed by Jim Henson. They set up a small shop in the NY Macy's to promote both MTM and the (then) upcoming Muppet Babies cartoon and Jim was at the grand opening signing MTM posters. It was awesome. Sadly, I remember very little as I was only 6 years old.

--Matt
But you still met him! You are so lucky!

EmmyMik

Reaction score
My most prized Muppet item would be the letters that I got from Muppeteers. They are from when I wrote to them asking about Richard, and they wrote back telling me stories and so on.

Plus it's an awesome way to get a Muppeteer's autograph... that is if they remember... :big_grin:

towels

Reaction score
okay, I don't have anything fancy or autographed or anything...
but I'd say either my Muppet watch (the one with Kermit thinking about his friends as they float by in a thought bubble) or the big apple poster with Jim and Kermit.

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
Mine would have to be:

-My Muppet University Gonzo doll (I got it when I was 3 from my great grandfather, it was one of the last gifts I got from him before he died. Plus it is the most accurate representation of Gonzo)

-Jim Henson:The Works book (just a great book. especially the first page with all of Jim's characters on it)

-The Monster at the end of this book starring lovable, furry old Grover (brings back memories)

-Gonzo The Great book (again reminds me of my childhood)

Thog

Reaction score
I would have to say mine are:
1. Kermit glass lamp
2. Of Muppets and Men Book
3. Igel S&W
4. Igel Rizzo
and
5. A nice letter from Jane Henson

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Here's few items that I'm proud to own

1) 1986 Xmas company card with Jim's autograph inside
2) "The works" signed by Brian & John Henson, Steve Whitmire, Dave Golez, Kermit and all Golez TMS characters.
3) "1979 Blackpool Illuminations switch on ceremony by Kermit" programme signed by Jim, Kermit, Waldorf, Richard Hunt, Statler and Sweetums
4) Company Watch - given to me by Brian
5) A nice letter from Jerry Juhl

later

MuppetDanny