What's your most prized Muppet item?

Ernie101

Reaction score
I would have loved to meet jim henson!!!!!! LUCKY!

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I would have loved to meet jim henson!!!!!!

Me Too!!!!!:big_grin:

I really don't have anything like what you guys have either. I hope to build a collection like that though. I guess I'd have to say I like what got me really intrested in the Muppets in the first place: Freshman year we had to write business letters and I wrote mine to the Jim Henson Co. and they sent me about 5 or 6 gorgeous glossy photos. They weren't signed or anything but I just remember how excited I was to get this cool package in the mail. My favorite one is of Jim surrouned by the Fraggles. I also like my "Jim Henson the Works" book.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Although it isn't really a piece of Merchandise, my favorite Muppet item is a picture of me (9 yrs old) with my brother and the one and only Thog!

I'm not sure where it was taken, but it was likely some special event my Dad took us to when "Fraggle Rock" and all the 80s Muppet specials were being shot here in Toronto.

BigSPEEGS

Reaction score
All the Muppet nic-knacks I have from my childhood are mostly cheap figures from McDonald's. Oh well, no worries. :smile:

-SPEEGS

The Great Gonzo

Reaction score
Wow, you guys have some cool stuff!

My most prized Muppet items are:

The cassettes of the Muppet Show cast album, volumes 1 & 2 that I had as a kid. I must have listened to them thousands of times.

A tin featuring pictures of Kermit, Piggy, and the gang as high school students (the lid shows Piggy as homecoming queen with her "frog prince." Sure, it's not valuable, but one of my best friends gave it to me, so it's special to me!

Lu775

Reaction score
My copy of "Of Muppets and Men" is very special to me. My best friend gave me her copy because she knew how much I'd like it.
:smile:

Also, the autographs I got from Muppetfest are pretty cool.

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Great Gonzo
Sure, it's not valuable, but one of my best friends gave it to me, so it's special to me!
Nothing is more valuable than a gift from one of your best friends.

On the surface, the "thing" may not be valuable per se, but the "gift" certainly is. Let's not forget that "gift" is the culmination of a thought of you, the effort to acquire it and the act of handing it over to you.

This is why I don't understand people who collect toys merely as investments. Sure, there's nothing wrong with doing it for that reason as well, but people need to understand that toys are still toys... someone who devotes effort to acquiring them would, you hope, also have some passion for the spirit of creativity and love that toys are not complete without

beaker

Reaction score
>>>On the surface, the "thing" may not be valuable per se, but the "gift" certainly is. Let's not forget that "gift" is the culmination of a thought of you, the effort to acquire it and the act of handing it over to you.<<<

And above even that, nothing beats making something whether it be a shirt, card, or even figurine for a friend.

This is why I don't understand people who collect toys merely as investments<<<

I dont get it either. The whole "MOC" thing...yeah, its insanity. Ive long ago, in the time of mid 90's Star Wars figure collecting, given that whole thing up. Played with, displayed, but sealed in packaging in your closet? c'mon!

CherryPizza

Reaction score
I must confess that I do keep items in their packaging, because, as I've said before, the package has beauty of its own and has display value. Besides I also get hold of a number of out of package items and they serve my "play" cravings... but the whole "keep it in its package so I can one day get big bucks for it"... well, those people should be collecting jewellery :smile:

Cherry "please don't call me a hypocrite" Pizza

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I have some pretty close-to-my-heart stuff from the Henson crew...

1) (My most prized possession) My "The Muppet Movie" Cast & Crew shirt - Plain black with TMM logo, a large that is extremely small (which shows its age and authenticity), with the sleeve knitting on the outside of the sleeve. I love it so.

2) My "Here Come the Muppets Thanks You!" Poster - I think I should photograph this and give it to Phil for the Rarities section of the collectibles page. It was only given in very limited numbers to promoters of the stage show "Here Come the Muppets" which was at MGM Studios.

3) My Dr. Teeth Shirt - Another thing I should photograph for ol' Mr. Chapman. Its my favorite shirt of all time. Very rare promo item given to UK television stations in promotion of the Muppet Show. Mine is a bit damaged, but I doubt many other people in the States have it.

4)My "Anything Muppets" Promo poster - yet another rarity. A very rare promo poster given to (I think) toy stores in promotion of a line of Muppet puppets. Dated 1974. Actually they are in promotion of Sesame Street puppets, but it does say on the bottom "A Jim Henson Muppet Puppet" Awesome.

5)My "Gone With the Weird" diecast figures - still in their box, even though it is very damaged. I love em just the same. :smile:

...and my picture taken with Kermit and Piggy. Rock n Roll. :big_grin:

-Matt