1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What's your oldest Sesame collectible?

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by Frogster, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

I still got Snuffy from Applause from when I was little, as well as Telly, Count, Ernie, Bert and Grover.
  2. jeffkjoe

jeffkjoe New Member

Stuff from the first season 1969-1970:

All of the TIME-WARNER books: Book of People and Things, Book of Numbers, Book of Letters, Book of Shapes, Book of Puzzlers - 1970

The Sesame Street Songbook 1970

The Sesame Street Book and Record (with poster) 1970

The first TV Guide announcing the arrival of a show called "Sesame Street" 1969

Time Magazine Article: Sesame Street: TV's Gift to Children 1970

Also:

The Fisher Price Sesame Street Playset 1974
    The Fisher Price Sesame Street Clubhouse 1975
  3. doctort13

doctort13 Member

I still have my Oscar puppet from the 70's. Lately I have been finding books and records (I work at a used bookstore) for my daughter from the 70's & 80's.
  4. Pino

Pino Member

mine is a heimo figurine from ernie and bert.... Thats where it all started.. And a home made knitted Ieniemienie doll my mother made because I loooved sesamstraat!
  5. dlphntat

dlphntat New Member

Sesame Street 8-Track tape.
  6. ReneeLouvier

ReneeLouvier Active Member

I have the almost entire set of CTW's "Learn my Way With Sesame Street" books. Not sure exactly what year's these were printed/made, because I have placed them in storage, the only things out of storage are the Big Bird/Little Bird holders that came with them. They hold other books now. :D

But I know those are at least 20 years or older, because I've had them all of my life.
  7. wes

wes Active Member

that Freaking rocks!!
    I wish i could have one!
  8. Camellia

Camellia New Member

We've got the 1970's grover puppet, books from the 1970's, some of the fisher price little people, and a child's glass drinking mug with ye-olde style Sesame Characters, it says (C) 1969. Found the mug as old store stock in a small rural town. Cute!

Does anyone have photos of their SS fisher price little people toys?
  9. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

I have the Sesame Street Fisher-Price playset. Y'know, the one of the big yellow building that opens up and comes with those little Fisher-Price characters of Gordon, Susan, Ernie, Bert, Cookie Monster, Oscar and Big Bird. Very cool. Probably my favorite toy as a kid.
  10. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I pretty much have the same thing as jeffkjoe.

All of the TIME-WARNER books: Book of People and Things, Book of Numbers, Book of Letters, Book of Shapes, Book of Puzzlers - 1970

The Sesame Street Songbook 1970

The Sesame Street Book and Record (with poster) 1970
  11. I think maybe an old SS blanket I found at the Louisville flea market earlier this year...
  12. jacobl

jacobl New Member

lost my entire collection of stuffed kermit, miss piggy, etc. from when i was little :(
  13. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Then start all over. That's what I've been doing. I've been looking for stuff that I had as a kid and replacing what I used to have with the same stuff from ebay. Pretty neat.
  14. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Oh, man! I couldn't even tell you what my oldest SS item is there are so many. I'll have to get back to you on this one.
  15. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Well we want to know. So please tell us when you get time to show us.