1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

When a Muppet says...

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by LouisTheOtter, Feb 15, 2012.

1. TheWeirdoGirl

TheWeirdoGirl Well-Known Member

Since today is the Fourth of July, I watched the Muppet's Stars and Stripes video. I love it when Sam says, "World wide web? Is there a way to put this on just the American part?"
  2. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

I loved the WHOOSH! effect in Fraggle Rock. It's like you're favorite is there a few seconds and then "snaps" just like that, they are gone in a flash. Sounds funny and the crash effects and make you laugh sometimes. Whatever Wembley says anything, I always laugh even if he does fall with a crash sound effect (laughs)!
  3. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

I said this in another thread, but it merits a second mention.
    Noodlenose's squeak of a laugh when Mokey is translating what they have said in Mokey Then and Now. It's so quick and off camera but so cute.
    Also, I can't help but love any grunt or moan of derision from Red at pretty much any moment is a winner for me. It comes so naturally!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  4. muppetfan24/7

I sometimes groan or moan in a Red kind of way when I have to do something that is no fun. Otherwise, I knew your avatar picture was a screenshot from the second episode of "Wembley & The Gorgs." Sure, Wembley is smart and has trouble making decisions, but he was the last Fraggle of the five to have a thirty-minute week job which is being the siren. (laughs)! Thanks, bandit! You rock!
    bandit likes this.
  5. catherine

catherine Active Member

i've not seen that one before.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  6. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

I also like anything Beaker says.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  7. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

This whole interview. LOL!

GopherCoffee likes this.
  8. bingboingcutie

bingboingcutie Active Member

Beaker really is profound, isn't he? It's a wonder he hasn't been asked to speak at any universities yet.
  9. tutter_fan

You know what's interesting about Beaker? Sometimes you know what he's saying, and sometimes you don't!
  10. Pinkflower7783

Like the Swedish chef. :p
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  11. tutter_fan

That is true, now that I think about it.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  12. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

THANKS! Can I call ya captain obvious? Hahahahah jk! I like to tease. You and your random recaps. Ya goof!

I love it when Ludo says "Smeeeeeell" Or "Smeeeeell baaaaaad"
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  13. Borples

Borples Active Member

Oh man, I hadn't even thought about Labyrinth for this thread. Can I just quote the whole thing? So much of that movie crept into my personal phrase book when I was a kid. Every time I watch it now, I have a moment where I'm like, "Oh, THAT'S why I say that!" How about those Helping Hands? Or the False Alarms? "...for the path you will take will lead to certain destruction! ...Thank you very much."
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  14. Piggy The Frog

Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

Pretty much anything Miss Piggy says. For example, in the Carol Channing episode, Piggy's waiting for Timmy Monster to come back from running around the block in her shoes. She tells Kermit that she's almost ready for her number, then adds "I just have my hairdo to doooo."

Also, the Swedish Chef's "Hurdy gurdy goo!" right before he attacks Jack Black.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  15. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

From "The Muppet Movie" (1979):

:o: Hey, why don't you join us?
    :concern:: Where are you going?
    :o: We're following our dream!
    :concern:: Really? I have a dream, too!
    :o: Oh?
    :concern:: But you'll think it's stupid.
    :o: No we won't, tell us, tell us!
    :concern:: Well, I want to go to Bombay, India and become a movie star.
    :o: You don't go to Bombay to become a movie star! You go where we're going: Hollywood.
    :concern:: Sure, if you want to do it the easy way.

Hmm, I wonder how "Gonzo Goes Bollywood" would have turned out....
  16. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

And of course, Fozzie's topper to the whole sequence: "We've picked up a WEIRDO..."
  17. muppetfan24/7

I love that quote from The Muppet Movie. LOL! Yep! They picked up Gonzo, the weirdo fer sure.
  18. Pinkflower7783

You are ALL wierdos! :attitude:
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  19. muppetfan24/7

Okay! I am weird. As Piggy said, "They are All weird!" Well, I know she knows all of her friends are weird, except the frog, because what the hey, he's a frog. Lol!
  20. Zoot the Saxer

Zoot the Saxer Active Member

Agh, this is so hard...but probably:

:hungry:'s "Bork" and "Berndijee"

:sleep: and :boo:'s laugh..."D'OHOHOHOH!"

:flirt:'s "Fer sure"

:sing:'s laugh

:scary:'s "mmmMMMmmm"

That noise that :coy: makes that I honestly can't describe... :(

And so many more!