When Bad Things Happen to Good People (dealing with grief)

beaker

Reaction score
Gosh, I really hate to disrupt the usual happy flow here...but I wanted to express some things. Phil said after Amy passed away, "I want to challenge everyone to love your friends, your family and those you hold dear. For any of us, our life here could end tomorrow. Life is precious and so are the people we share it with." I could not have said it better myself.

I am very saddened by the passing of a couple people. My best friend online of 5 years, Eric Longdin passed away recently...Eric and I had conversed online both email and chat wise for ages. He was 30, and could not have been a more nicer, supportive and warmer kid. He will truly be missed.

Sadly, the sorrow does not end there. My good buddy online, and website design guy Sean Olson(who got my site up and running for me and has been really there for me) suffered an unspeakable loss recently...losing his love Rachelle in a fatal car crash. Luckily his child survived, but words cannot express his loss.

I am at a loss of words to see how such things happen to such kind and gentle souls...People we know are having their own personal '9-11' all the time...so I just wanted to seek advice to give to my friend and their familes...or just other peopel that have delt with grieving some comfort.
Again, Phil's words that I quoted were quite apro po and beautiful.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Pray,keep your head held high,and never loose faith.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i've been there before. you just gotta keep your head high, deal with the saddness and hopefully movie on. it's tough, but thats how i deal with things. i try not to get affected to much because things like this happen all the time. no one wants it to happen, but you just gotta deal with it and keep on moving right along.

ryan

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Make the best of life for yourself, that is what they would expect and want from you more than anything else.

True friends always want what's best for their friends. I want only the happiest and best of times for all my friends here, and when I see that they're sad I worry because I don't want anybody to be sad. Whether it's Cory, or in other threads Byron or Luke--anybody, I don't want folks to be sad at all.

We have to take things at face value in reality, only to make the best of what we're given. That is what determines how our future unfolds for us. And when a portion of our lives gets disrupted by accidents or death, we have to evolve our emotions to deal with those situations and find a suitable route to ensure our success and happiness.

Though, that's easier said than done.

I'll be thinking about you my pal!
Kev

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more with the above statements, and Phil's statement.

Life is precious. Use it as best you can. I can't say more than what's already been said here, other than I'm sorry for your loss, the losses of your friends, and everyone else dealing with their own personal problems.