When did Blues Clues start using puppetry?

SesameKermie

Reaction score
I was flipping around the channels the other day and I saw what looked like "Blue's Clues" using puppets of Blue and the other characters. I thought she was CGI. Anybody know what's going on?

King Jim

Reaction score
It started in summer of 1997. I think.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I think the show you're referring to isn't actually Blue's Clues, but a spinoff that started on ABC within the last year or so.

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Blue has in fact been converted from animation to a puppet. I'm not sure about the other characters on the show though.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I catch Blue's Clues from time to time & miss the old version with Steve.The version with the puppet Blue is ok,I still can't get into Joe though.:smirk:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Are you sure about that? I don't follow the series, but my understanding was that the puppets are from "Blue's Room" which was launched back in August and that the main show still uses animation.

PaulyPuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, it's strange to see BLUE as a puppet. But it IS called BLUES ROOM, I believe. It's on Nickelodeon here in the states. I saw a one woman show in LA, starring the puppeteer for BLUE. Her name is Leslie Carrera. Very nice and talented lady. She told me John Tartaglia (star of AVENUE Q) is also one of the puppeteers on the show.​

christyb

Reaction score
Here's all I know about it. They did a special on Blue's clues to where Blue was to find her special key. (I don't know when this aired) When she found the key she opened her special playroom where she could talk to her viewers. The playroom is using puppetry. Blue's Clues the show usually have a few minutes at the end of the show where Blue goes into her playroom. (Correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I know)