When does Season 35 start?

ssetta

Reaction score
char said:
Live from Sesame...there are still 26 shows, and sadly, there aren't any 5-part episodes. There is 1 Snuffy 2-parter, but everything else pretty much stands alone. It's going to be a great season - they're pulling out some cool stuff since it's the big 3-5.
How do you know? Do you work for them?

char

Reaction score
prickle747 said:
any word on any classic old stuff going to be aired ?
(what do ya know ?)

that would be so :cool:
I don't know about that...it's all done in postproduction, and we're still in production right now, so i haven't seen any of the complete shows yet.

Aaron

Reaction score
Any new Kermit Stuff This season

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hope you can at least pad that season with older episodes...

Hays

Reaction score
:sympathy: Poor Char - outed him/herself from the Street closet and now is about to be barraged constantly with questions from all of us....

My question - is the drastic cut in the number of episodes a money thing, a production-values thing, or some other thing? All us parents (and corresponding kids) seem to hate it. Reasons aside, is there some way to get either what DrT suggests, or to lobby for more episodes?

char

Reaction score
Hays said:
:sympathy: Poor Char - outed him/herself from the Street closet and now is about to be barraged constantly with questions from all of us....

My question - is the drastic cut in the number of episodes a money thing, a production-values thing, or some other thing? All us parents (and corresponding kids) seem to hate it. Reasons aside, is there some way to get either what DrT suggests, or to lobby for more episodes?
I wasn't around for the cuts, but I believe the cause was mostly financial. Everyone thinks it's sad, but that's just kind of the way it is right now with the economy and whatnot. To be honest, I don't know if or how they "pad" the new episodes with older ones - for information on air dates, you can go to the sesame workshop website, and there's a number to call sometime early next year to find out which ones are airing. As far as Kermit, I haven't seen any new pieces with him - he's not a Sesame-owned character, so that's why he's not on too much.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I fell sorry that they can't use Kermit anymore. I like all his skits he did back then even when Steve did the last ever Reporter Kermit. I didn't get to see it but I would of like it. I kind of wished they would let them use Kermit for at least for some episodes. Wait I just remember that there was an episode I saw a little of where Big Bird is walking around SS and says hi to everybody and RK is up in the Window w/ Susan. Thats the only other time I ever saw Kermit on SS. Maybe he can be a guest on an episode this year. I hope.

Aiya

Reaction score
Hays said:
is the drastic cut in the number of episodes a money thing, a production-values thing, or some other thing? All us parents (and corresponding kids) seem to hate it. Reasons aside, is there some way to get either what DrT suggests, or to lobby for more episodes?
Hello all, I've been lurking for some time now and am making my first post.

I would definitely surmise that the cut in episodes is due to budget restraints. Look at the situation of Reading Rainbow. They were forced to cancel shooting any new shows due to lack of funds, and even after numerous plea's by Levar Burton as well as some media coverage, not much has changed.

I know that Sesame Workshop has been trying to get the word out that they are indeed an educational non-profit organization. They rely on licensing fees, grants, and the generocity of it's viewers and fans. Everytime someone buys a video/DVD, music album or a plush doll, they are ensuring the continuation of the institution that is Sesame Street. I would even go as far as suggesting that those who can spare it to send a donation of any amount directly to Sesame Workshop and be a part of supporting the greatest informal educator of children worldwide.

Now less I sound preachy, I just had to make my little rant because I love this show and the work that the organization behind it does.

Now please.....discuss.... :stick_out_tongue: