When does Sesame Street come on on your station?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I thought I'd start this to see what different times Sesame Street came on around the country. I'll start, here's how we'll do it...

Time Zone
Eastern

Station Name
WETP TV (East Tennessee Public TV)2/WKOP TV 15 (their the same, only 2 on cable, 15 on non-cable TV)

Times
Monday-Friday: 11:00 AM/3:30 PM (encore)
Sunday: 8:00 AM

So, when does it come on on your station?

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, we get 4 different PBS stations here in my town, so here's the list:

WGBH 2
M-F 6am, 10am
Sa 6am

WENH 11
M-F 9am

WSBE 36
M-F 7:30am

WGBX 44
M-F 9am

prickle747

Reaction score
Eastern........WNED........10:30 - 11:30 M-F

i dont believe it's on CBC anymore....... :frown:

P

Philo and Gunge

Here it airs weekday mornings at 7:00AM, I also I WLIW 21 that shows SS at 9:30AM.

ssetta

Reaction score
Yeah, that's something that's popular here in the northeast, getting multiple PBS stations. I also think the New York area gets like 3 different ones, or 2 1/2. WNET 13, WLIW 21, and WNYE 25. But I don't even think WNYE even airs Sesame Street!

But when I was younger, WGBH aired it 3 times a day, at 7am, 12n, and 3:30pm. And the others aired it twice. So it was on a total of 8 times a day! And many PBS stations had weekend marathons, where it would be on for 3 hours straight. Do any of you remember that?

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
That's a pity.

SESAME STREET is hardly on in the afternoons anymore.

When I was growing up in Nashville in the 1970's, I would be able to watch SESAME twice a day:

8:00 AM when I got up and 5:00 PM when my mom was making dinner.

Perfect.

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, that's because back in the day, there were less shows. I mean, there's no room for it now, because they're dealing with Arthur, Dragon Tales, Zoom, and all those shows for older kids. I was very upset when it was not on in the afternoon of any stations here. Also, I've noticed that there are some stations that still have it on in the afternoon, but only in very small markets. Eastern Tennessee Public TV airs it at 3:30pm, still. Do you get that?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
jeffkjoe said:
That's a pity.

SESAME STREET is hardly on in the afternoons anymore.

When I was growing up in Nashville in the 1970's, I would be able to watch SESAME twice a day:

8:00 AM when I got up and 5:00 PM when my mom was making dinner.

Perfect.
I guess I could say I'm lucky, SS comes on in the afternoons for me. Afterwards, there's Arthur at 4:30, Clifford/Clifford's Puppy Days at 5:00, Zoboomafoo at 5:30, and (sometimes) ZOOM at 6:00. Before SS, there's Mister Roger's at 3:00

I noticed some of you say S.S. comes on Saturday on your stations. You're lucky, no PBS Kids on Saturday for me, but on Sundays in the early morning. Sometimes, my PBS has it's "PBS Kids Crew" during the first week of school, and early spring for a week-long in which, you phone in your pledges of $20.00 or more per child, and the child would receive a t-shirt, or a hat, or (this year) a rubber ducky.

gbrobeck

Reaction score
SS comes on WETP channel 2 (2 on cable and off-air as well) here too!

Greg