When does the Disney deal take effect?

Aaron

Reaction score
when dose disney take over the muppets

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Proably very soon. The deal was made in January and they it is going to take two months, proably April.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
From yesterday's HIT announcement:

>>The deal does not include titles involving the Muppets or Bear in the Big Blue House, the rights to which were recently acquired by The Walt Disney Company.

Best known as creators of the world famous Muppets (the rights to which are now owned by The Walt Disney Company), Henson is the recipient of nearly 50 Emmy Awards and nine Grammy Awards.<<

I guess that means the deal's completed?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think Aaron means when will all the Muppets stuff be transferred from the JHC lots to the Disney lots? I also wonder who'll keep all the old JHC Archived Muppets Stuff now?

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
His question didn't really sound that specific, but that's a good one anyway.

I did call JHC a few weeks ago though and they'll keep the Kermit/Chaplin statue and other Muppets memoribillia laid out throughout the property. So while the Muppets will move to Disney's Burbank lot, remnants of the past will still be at Chaplin.

McFraggle

Reaction score
I thought I heard that they would have to remove Kermit from the company logo, has that happened yet.

Aaron

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I think Aaron means when will all the Muppets stuff be transferred from the JHC lots to the Disney lots? I also wonder who'll keep all the old JHC Archived Muppets Stuff now?
no i ment when is it final

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
McFraggle said:
I thought I heard that they would have to remove Kermit from the company logo, has that happened yet.
They will do that, depending on when it's final. And no one at Disney and/or Henson has said anything yet, and I don't know if they will.

Luke

Reaction score
BoyRaisin2 said:
So while the Muppets will move to Disney's Burbank lot, remnants of the past will still be at Chaplin.
Did they actually say the physical "Muppets" would be moved to the Burbank lot or did they just mean it in a business sense?

oOoanimaloOo

Reaction score
Aaron said:
when dose disney take over the muppets

:halo: I hope soon because Its starting to get really annoying the whole we bought muppets but were not going to do anything for a while. To think of it, it probably wount start to take affect tell the whole disney takeover bid ends. :halo: