When friends go back on promises

Katzi428

Reaction score
If you hate reading vent posts stop here:

A friend of mine (first take note that she & I have been friends since our freshman year of high school,which was was over 20 years ago) were supposed to go to the movies around 12 on Saturday. Around 11 she called & said she had stuff to do,and could we catch the 2:00 show. I said sure. So around 12:30 she called & said that we'd need to catch the 5:00 show because she found out she had other stuff to do. O....kay, I said fine. I called her parents' house around 2:30 wanting to tell them to leave a message for her since she was out(and she hardly ever uses her cell phone) So guess who picks up the phone? HER! I think she was a bit embarrassed about being busted & said we'd go to the 2:00 show. I told her that it was OK & that we'd catch the 5:00 movie. (BTW...the movie was "Ice Princess")
So...we went to the movie.(it stunk but the point is at least she didn't cancel on this one)
Now...fast forward to today:
I get a call from said friend about going to get a couple of books that she & I were planning on reading together as a mini book club. I like reading on my own,but what the hey,maybe it'll be fun having this mini book club. So she said she'd be over in 20 minutes. I stood outside & waited for her since when the doorbell rings, my dumb dog barks like crazy. :rolleyes: 20 minutes comes...20 minutes goes...yours truly is standing outside sweating her butt off & finally decides to go inside. After I'm inside I have a minor seizure from either standing in the hot sun or being ticked off at my friend (yuk). Then the phone rings. It's my friend saying she got backtracked (yeah,right) & that she'd be right over. I told her to forget about it & that we'd go some other time. A little while later it occurs to me that she might be mad at me. So I call her parents' house. It turned out she went back to her place which is an hour away. I tried calling her on the cellphone, & had to leave a message since she doesn't answer her phone when she's driving. (gotta give her credit for that)
Am I right for being annoyed with her?

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Hiya Kathy.Sounds like your friend and you need to sit down and discuss your scheduling problems;not over the phone or cell phone,face to face.Events do come up,but making up excuses is entirely different.I have the same problems with my friend.He constantly juggles too many things for one person,and I'm always making due with his schedule;what time he's available.I'm almost always available,except for when I work(obviously).You do have a right to be mad at you friend;and she needs to make an effort to bend a little or a lot(bending too much causes breakage though).As my friend always will say to me,'If I take 2 steps,you have to at least take 1 step forward and meet me halfway.' I hope this helps you a little Kathy.Take care.