When Muppets, Star Wars, and Disney clashed...

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I love the Star Wars episode! It's just so funny. I like it when Mark gargles with Angus:smile: And I like Six String Orchestra a lot.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Daffyfan: Angus was once announced as an action figure from Pallisades, and fans hit the roof. Their reaction is somewhat understandable--the point is that there are tons of more famous Muppets that have never been made into any kind of merchandise (Beauregard, Pops, etc.). However, I do concur with you in thinking Angus is a cool character, and I also hope he eventually gets made into a figure after the other characters have gotten their due.

On a side note, does anyone remember a Disney special on NBC from about 1989-90 that had a brief segment with Piggy and Gonzo? Tony Danza was the host, I believe, and Tony talked to Piggy through a viewscreen in the Star Tours exhibit. C-3P0 and R2 were on hand, making this another official Muppets/Star Wars/Disney crossover!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker .

Some years later we saw another brief glimpse of this strange aliance...when Piggy and Beauregard are in front of Star Tours and a giant AT-AT walker replica in the Muppets At Walt Disney World special. And again we see Beau and Piggy on the Star Tours ride.(Beauregards last starring moment of course)

[/B]
WHat was Beau doing with Miss Piggy? I can't imagine te two together. What is Muppets at WDW?:mad:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

On a side note, does anyone remember a Disney special on NBC from about 1989-90 that had a brief segment with Piggy and Gonzo? Tony Danza was the host, I believe, and Tony talked to Piggy through a viewscreen in the Star Tours exhibit. C-3P0 and R2 were on hand, making this another official Muppets/Star Wars/Disney crossover!
I remember that show, but I don't remember the segment with Miss Piggy and Gozo. I'm hoping the guy that runs the "toughpigs" website will eventually put up a transcript of that one.

beaker

Reaction score
Re: Re: When Muppets, Star Wars, and Disney clashed...

Originally posted by Beauregard
WHat was Beau doing with Miss Piggy? I can't imagine te two together. What is Muppets at WDW?:mad:
It was perhaps BEauregard's only starring role in a Muppet production...it is also IMHO the best darn Muppet special EVER next to Muppet Family Xmas. Ya should seek out someone for a fan trade of this epicly great special(It was also one of the last times they did the whole 'filming the Muppets in public' thing...so ya get to see actual patrons who had no idea they were gonna be filming a Muppet thing...it was also the last JHC thing made before, well the decline of the company)

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Re: Re: When Muppets, Star Wars, and Disney clashed...

It was one of the best Muppet TV specials of all time (mainly because it's the only one I've ever seen).

Originally posted by Beauregard
The Muppets at Walt Disney World was a TV special made before Jim Henson died. It's really good, and you can most likely acquire it through a trade with someone. I think Boober_Gorg has it.

When Beau and Miss Piggy team up in that one, it's surprisingly hillarious. Because of Beauregard being... "slower", it gets Miss Piggy frustrated faster. It's pretty funny.

Ah! Love in a laundromat!

Reaction score
Oh my gosh, I still have this on tape. It was from Disneyland's 35th anniversary special. Piggy was remembering her time at Disneyland as a little girl and how she wanted to be Cinderella. Gonzo assisted her in making her dream come true as her fairy god....thing. :smile:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I wish I could see it so much! But I don't have anything to trade ever. :cry:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Yeah. As I recall, Piggy left Gonzo stranded at the park. He was sitting on a bench and started hitting on the real Cinderella!

I miss that special. We may have to arrange a trade sometime in the near future. :excited:

OK, so do we have a complete list of crossovers yet? Here are all the ones I can think of:

M = Muppets; SW = Star Wars; D = Disney

1) M/D: 1976 -- Ethal Merman tells Kermit in song, "You're a Mickey Mouse!" Not quite a crossover, but a definite acknowledgment that Kermit had hit that same rarified atmosphere of pop-culture icon.
2) M/SW: 1977/78? -- Crystal Gayle episode: the first appearance of Darth Nadar. Again, not quite a crossover as no one from Lucasfilm was involved. Just sort of a reference, but an important one, as Gonzo would return to this role over the years.
3) M/SW: Nov. 1979 -- C-3P0 and R2-D2 film their guest spots on Sesame Street. The first official crossover.
4) M/SW/D: Jan. 1980 -- Mark Hamill and co. visit TMS. Second official crossover for M/SW, and the Disney reference in the closing number tops it all.
5) M/SW/D: late 80s/early 90s? -- Gonzo and Piggy appear on the aformentioned Disneyland special, talking to C-3PO and R2-D2 through a viewscreen.
6) M/SW: late 80s/early 90s? -- the famous calendar photo with Kermit dressed as Luke battling Darth Nadar while Princess Piggy looks on.
7) M/D: 1990 -- Muppets at Walt Disney World special. Kermit and Mickey appear on screen together for the first time.
8) M/D: 1991 -- MuppetVision 3D debuts at WDW. Includes Rizzo pretending to be Mickey. Other park appearances by the Muppets during this time.

I'm not counting MT or any of the projects produced for Disney, because that would be too many. My main goal here is any time Muppet characters have interacted with SW or Disney characters or have pretended to be one of them. Can anyone think of any that I've forgotten?

I must be :crazy: to spend time typing all this up. :smirk:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Must...see that Miss Piggy as Cinderella special...Sounds TOOO funny!!!