when numbers stoped sponsoring in order

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A lot of epsiode pages have recently been added to Muppet Wiki. Every episode from the first season now has a page, as do other early episodes, including a lot of season 3 episodes. But one thing I noticed while researching is that the number sponsors are always in order. If an episode is sponsored by 2, the next one is sponsored by 3. If an episode is sponsored by 3, the next one is sponsored by 2, and so on untill the epsiode is sponsored by 12. After that, the next episode is sponsored by 20, and then the next episode is sponsored by 2.

Does anybody know when Sesame Street episodes stoped being sponsored by numbers in numerical order, and the order became random?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
There was so 20 sponsor. They would just feature segments counting to 20.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
There was so 20 sponsor. They would just feature segments counting to 20.
Did you mean that there was no 20 sponsor? I saw episode pages at Muppet Wiki that mentioned 20 as a sponsor (episodes from as early as season 3).

mikebennidict

Reaction score
The Muppet Wikipedia along with the IMDB boards are not always accurate. Now unless they had numbers featured between 10-20 that season and stopped, most likely what's listed is an error.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
The Muppet Wikipedia along with the IMDB boards are not always accurate. Now unless they had numbers featured between 10-20 that season and stopped, most likely what's listed is an error.
Muppet Wiki is actually more accurate than The Internet Movie Database. Muppet Wiki cites sources for many of it's information. Many of the info on most of the pre-1980s episode pages for Sesame Street episodes not shown on Noggin are taken from files from the Sesame Workshop archives, which can be viewed at the University of Marylin.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just realized something else. The numbers would sponsor in numerical order during the early years, but the letter sponsors were never ina lphabetical orsder. I wonder why. The first epsidoe was sponsored by the numbers 2 and 3, but the letters weren't in any specific order. They were W, S, and E, not A, B, and C (or O, P, and Q, or any other order).