When the sun cries...

RedDragon

Reaction score
You know those times when it rains, but the sun is still shining? This happened today where I live. I call it a sun shower...people who live in the south say it's "the devil is beating his wife." Don't ask me why, but they do...I found it ironic today that this should happen on the last official day of summer...

There is a Greek myth that says that Hades (the devil) kidnapped Mother Nature's beautiful daughter to take her as his wife. Hades tried to get his new wife to eat, but she only ate 6 seeds of a fruit while she was down there. When finally she was saved Zeus said that she had to stay in the underworld 1 month out of the year for every seed she ate (that's 6 months). So every year she spends that time in heck and Mother Nature morns for her (hence winter)...

So yeah...I found it ironic that the "devil is beating his wife" (sun showering) on the last official day of summer...It's like he's punishing her for the time she spent away from him...if you believe that greek mythology stuff....

D'Snowth

Reaction score
RedDragon said:
people who live in the south say it's "the devil is beating his wife."
People who live in the south say a lot of those little quotations, but I have NEVER heard that one before.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
...It's actually quite common. XD At least around here where I live.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently: I don't get out much.

DREW CAREY: It's okay Snowth, I know you don't get out much!
ME: :crazy:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Who knows, there's really not to much that's common these days anymore.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's actually been sun showering a LOT this summer... boy, the devil must really be beating the Elmo (pun intended) out of his wife this year.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
*says something snarky about bumping an 8 year old thread and leaves*

(I'm in a weird mood today)