When TV characters tell classic stories.

Xerus

Reaction score
After seeing Alf-Tales and movies like Muppet's Christmas Carol, Muppet Treasure Island, and the Muppet Wizard of Oz. I realized I like it when a TV show takes a break from the regular stories and have the characters play characters from classic stories.

The Simpsons had quite a few episodes where they told Bible stories, American Folk Tales, Tales of History, and other classic stories while the characters still kept their crazy personalities.

South Park once took a break from their regular show so that Pip could do the story of Great Expectations.

And just recently, Family Guy did a Star Wars story. Also the cast of Animaniacs did a Star Wars story a few years back too.

The Chipmunks did stories like Treasure Island, Sherlock Holmes, and Peter Pan. As well as TV spoofs like Moonlighting and Charlie's Angels.

Mickey Mouse and his gang did quite a few classic stories like A Christmas Carol, The Prince and the Pauper, Around the World in 80 Days, The Nutcracker, and a Mid Summer Night's Dream.

Looney Tunes did stories like the Scarlet Pimpernel, Only Daffy's character was called the Scarlet Pumpernickel. And just recently, they did a Christmas Carol story with Daffy playing Scrooge.

In a Sesame Street special, The SS Muppets did the story of Peter and the Wolf and Elmo played Peter. Instead of calling himself Elmo all the time, he was calling himself Peter for he was playing a different role.

I also remember a Partridge Family episode where they told a Wild West story and Keith played a singing cowboy who kept annoying everyone.

And one memorable story I liked was a Cosby Show episode where Rudy wrote her own story about an enchanted kingdom that got conquered by an evil kingdom and the characters were played by Rudy and her friends and family. That episode was funny and great. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Simpsons had quite a few episodes where they told Bible stories
I thought Matt Groening was an atheist?

Anyway, don't forget, every episode of Wishbone featured Wishbone imagining he's the title character of some kind of classic story.