1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

When Will Muppet*Vision Be Removed

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by IgorPonweed, Feb 7, 2008.

1. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member

Instead of Disney expanding Star Wars, how about a new Muppet ride? Disney only has one Muppet attraction and the Muppets are growing in populaty, so why not have a new Muppet ride?

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I don't see why they can't do both. There's got to be something antiquated enough that doesn't have a bunch of fans that wouldn't be too upset if it was gone. Honey I Shrunk the Kids, probably as cool as it is, is a far from relevant movie.

I keep thinking of that Freakazoid episode where they keep telling Freakazoid that they closed down the boat ride at Disneyworld, and he keeps crying over it.

3. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

sad to think Disney was meant to have more muppety things like the great muppet movie ride or the gonzo pizza parlour that was planned before Jim passed away hopefully something in the future

4. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Since the topic here is about Muppet-Vision 3D (which will NOT be removed!) I thought I'd update you with what's going on with that building these days.

They've been having really cool events going on in there. Every night, there is a special screening of 'Muppet Christmas Carol' for the 'Annual Passport' holders, as a part of their 'Muppet Christmas in July'.
    I've seen the movie a million times, but how cool would it be to see it up on the big screen in a Muppet theater?

If anyone here is an annual passholder in the LA area, make sure you head down there before August!

Duke Remington likes this.
  5. momble

momble Member

According to Disboards the Muppet Vision experience HAS now closed at Hollywood studios Florida BUT it's only closed for about 6 weeks for a re-furb :)

RainbowConnectd likes this.
  6. Muppet fan 123

Hmm..After searching, it turns out MV3D is going for refurbishment in WDW. Not closing permanently, of course.

And I wouldn't believe any of the news for California for a while. If it were true, we would've heard it from more reliable sources.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member

Muppet 3d in Disneyland will be closing in early 2014. This was confirmed to me by six different employee's this past weekend. (Sept 7th, 2013)

8. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member

Does any
    one know what they are refurbishishing?

9. Muppet fan 123

Just the regular paint job. They might have fixed a couple of speakers or so. Not much. No major changes.

10. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

We'll just have to wait and see. There's always a possibility that the info they shared came from unreliable unofficial sources like MiceChat.

11. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

They'll probably spruce it up so people can flock to it when MWW comes out.

12. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member

What's MWW? I've honestly never heard of it

13. Muppet fan 123

I think he meant MMW, which stands for Muppets Most Wanted which comes out in March.

FunnyBear and Duke Remington like this.
  14. Enginerd

Enginerd Member

I was at Disneyland during Labor Day weekend. The cast member at the entrance of the Monsters Inc ride saw my Muppets shirt and stopped me as I was walking in. He claimed that Muppet Vision 3D is closing. He said that they are knocking down the building to build a Monsters Inc roller coaster based around the bedroom door theme. The cast member said that they had supposedly posted the plans for the roller coaster backstage for the cast members... Whether it is true or he is just spreading rumors, I don't know... :boo:

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  15. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

I hope it's not true. With a new Muppet movie on the way, this is not the time (from a commercial point of view) to stop MV3D! Now, from any other point of view, it's never a good time to stop it, of course. And that MV3D has Jim and the crew in it is more than enough of a reason that it should be left for years to come...

16. Walter

Walter Active Member

Muppet*Vision is always a popular attraction when I go to the parks... Heck, it received some minor attention when the last Muppets movie was released... new posters and such in the lobby! I wouldn't be surprised if the poster for Most Wanted is now where the large The Muppets poster was when I was there last. :fanatic:

Duke Remington likes this.
  17. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I think Muppet Vision is very important to the history of the Muppets. It was the very last thing Jim worked on before his death, and I think that is something special about it still being in the parks. I think it would be a sad day for the Muppets if they ever took down Muppet Vision and not replace it with something else.

Duke Remington and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  18. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

Any new information about this? ( Please don't say it closed, please don't say it closed, please don't say it closed, please don't say it closed, please don't say it closed.)

19. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I go to that everytime I'm at Disney world and I wanna take my daughter when she turns 5 to see it so other then a possible update or renovation to it it better not be going away!!! Or I'll hail all the angry letters I'll send to Disney!! :p

20. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

According to the Walt Disney World website it's still open!

Pinkflower7783 likes this.