When Will Muppet*Vision Be Removed

RobintheBrave

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Muppet*Vision in Florida may now be in trouble. There are insider rumors that Disney is considering installing a new Star Wars themed area where the Muppet Theater and Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area currently are: http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201306/3524/ Though I love the idea of a bigger Star Wars area, I would certainly be dismayed to lose one of Jim's final projects this way. :frown:

rowlfy662

Reaction score
I don't think they will take muppet vision out people are still going to it and the muppets are becoming more relevant and with the new movie coming out next year I don't think Disney will get rid of it soon and if they tried there would be a huge backlash against not just from us fans but parkgoers and familes alike

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Muppet*Vision in Florida may now be in trouble. There are insider rumors that Disney is considering installing a new Star Wars themed area where the Muppet Theater and Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area currently are: http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201306/3524/ Though I love the idea of a bigger Star Wars area, I would certainly be dismayed to lose one of Jim's final projects this way. :frown:

That would be unfortunate. Those are two of my most favorite attractions at the Hollywood Studios.

If it is closing for good, I wish Disney would find some way to make the film available for fans, though with the way it's presented it would be very hard to put it on DVD and be the same. I know that after Universal Studios closed "Back to the Future: The Ride" they made it a bonus feature on the Back to the Future DVD. But at least we can see Muppet Vision 3D on YouTube.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm sure they'd either keep the Muppets section or try to find somewhere else to move it. Jamie mentioned that on the TP forum. I mean, Honey I Shrunk isn't in the current public eye as the Muppets are, so it's not a big sacrifice if that gets let go. But if they're trying to keep the Muppets popular, getting rid of their only presence in the theme parks is a dumb move.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Couple of things to point out about this potential rumbling.

First off, it won't be replaced tomorrow or next year, the development will take about five years to complete.
Secondly, the expansion Star Wars Land and Cars Land might replace Muppet*Vision 3D and Honey, I Shrunk the Kids... But the proposed Star Wars Land could connect and run off of where Star Tours is located in the other direction mapwise, replacing the Catastrophe Canyon/Backstage Restaurant and Indiana Jones Stunt Show.

That aside... I don't see Disney removing Muppet*Vision 3D from the park.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
This is clearly just another case of some website posting rumors and some others taking it as gospel truth when it's not!

Besides, what Theme Park Insider posted is nothing more than mere rumors and speculation, with no sources shared.

EDIT: Here's a new article talking about the rumored changes to Disney's Hollywood Studios, including a mention that Muppet-Vision will remain as long as Disney continues to make Muppet movies: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheDailySuperHero/news/?a=81750#2X6cDy7V5KJ3DdM5.99

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
It would make much more sense for Disney to go the opposite way, and take the Indiana Jones show (which is plainly just a stage show) to expand the Star Wars area, rather than replacing an actual attraction to make space.

They're both classic attractions, it'd be sad to see any of them go. But if these SW rumors are true, I wouldn't be that sad to see IJ leave the park.

Nothing to worry about. There have been SW rumors ever since Disney bought the Lucasfilm rights. I heard rumors of them connecting the two Lucasfilm properties and created a giant George Lucas-based section, but I doubt that has any truth to it either.

Drtooth

Reaction score
EDIT: Here's a new article talking about the rumored changes to Disney's Hollywood Studios, including a mention that Muppet-Vision will remain as long as Disney continues to make Muppet movies: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheDailySuperHero/news/?a=81750#2X6cDy7V5KJ3DdM5.99
Let's hope the next movie's a roaring success.

What I'd be more worried about is when Universal loses the license for Marvel characters, and Disney wanting to integrate them into the park.

True or not, Disney does want to return the investment they got for the Star Wars characters... I mean, they can basically do that once the royalties from the toy lines alone. It does make sense that they'd expand the Star Wars area at some point. Hopefully not at the expense of Muppet Vision. Again, rumor or not.

But danged if I don't want to see a Mos Eisley Cantina replica somewhere in that park.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I wish Disney had the rights to use Marvel in the parks. Currently, nothing can be done in Florida, since Universal is not allowed to change anything in their parks, and Disney can't use the Marvel franchises in their parks.

Though, I'd hate to see the Universal Marvel area go away. Great section of the park.