When will Palisades line morph into a general Muppets line?

beaker

Reaction score
So here's the golden question...when will Palisades line turn into the equivalent of the Simpsons WoS line?(ie: encompassing the entire Muppet Show world universe?)

As the way I see it, beginning next Summer I dont see it unreasonable for this whole 25th TMS thing to wear off, and the line turn into a 'general' line. I mean it's great thought is given to scratch at the most obscure of characters, but really...
I think it's important for the existing line, or a seperate line to
give figure representation of the modern big guns...
thus being Pepe, Clifford, Bobo, Sal, etc.
Why, then you could also delve back into the obscure Droop or Mildred 'left to the radar' character, as well as mixing in Bean Bunny, Van Neuter, etc.

And the folks at Palisades...I Can't think of a figure that would be more fun to make and look at the final results and fan reaction than a Digit figure(complete with plugs) Digit is by far one of the coolest looking modern Muppets ever, as he was in that unique timeframe when JHC was experimenting between that organic Creature Shop look and classic Muppet look for new guys on JHH.

To be honest, Rizzo really wasnt that representative on TMS...and if a figure is made it is reflecting his post TMS status(ie: MTM and beyond) Rizzo made his mark as one of th ebig guns AFTER TMS, so it seems to reason Pepe who is unquestionably one of the main 5(or 7) now gets a sculpt.

Who here thinks The TMS line should evolve into a general Muppet line by next summer/fall of 2003?

CrockAlley

Reaction score
I totally agree on the Rizzo thing. But, I fear, as you say, that doing this will mean certain death for the obscure-but-loved characters. If having a Pepe means no George the Janitor (for example) then I cannot support such a move. Although, there are only so many TMS characters, and once they run out, I'm all for the broadening of the line. I'd hate to start seeing tons of alternate versions of characters (like with the Star Wars line).

radionate

Reaction score
I would think that a Digit, Bean Bunny, or Pepe might actually help along other "lesser" known characters like George, Pops, or Uncle Deadly as they will need more secondary/fan faves to fill in the line with!

Foreignman

Reaction score
I'm all for the "Muppet Show" line of figures turining into the "Muppet" line of figures. I don't think, however, that that means characters like George the janitor will be left out, it just means we can put in characters like Pepe, or Gonzo as Charles Dickens. Still, hold your horses guys, lets wait till the sucess of Series 2 and so on before we jump to Digit.