1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

When will Series 2 be released in stores?

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by BigSPEEGS, Sep 15, 2002.

1. BigSPEEGS

BigSPEEGS New Member

I.E., on what day can I stop holding my breath??? :)

AND...

Will series one still be available when series two is released?

-SPEEGS
  2. Luke

Luke Active Member

If you read 'Ask Ken' this has been answered, but it looks like late October/Early November - and only series one stuff that hasn't sold in the shops yet will be available, no new shipments or series 1 figures will be produced.
  3. MuppetQuilter

MuppetQuilter Member

There is not a specific release date for the Figures. They ship from the factory and when they hit store shelves is up to the retailers and depends on shipping and stocking policies.
  4. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

Actually, you're both right. Annika is right that we have no way of being absolutely certain when the stuff will be on shelf for the reasons she cited, and Luke is right in that we have said that late Oct/early November is our best guess window of the stuff being on the shelf.

Some retailers may capitalize on the Series 2 being on the shelf to also keep any leftover Series 1 they may not have shelved yet in order to take advantage of the new retail presence, but no new Series 1 figures will be produced per se.
  5. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

I see Electronic Botique's pre-order for me of Sept 16th or so was quite overly optimistic :( Oh well, I can wait. (well, not really, but if I HAVE to)
  6. Michael Crawford

Michael Crawford New Member

They usually are

EB tries to get close on those dates, but they always post their pre-orders so far in advance that it's awfully tough for them to not miss it.

They are usually overly optimistic too, which means they have to move the date back 9 times out of 10. Ah well, all good things come to those that wait.

Michael
    MWC
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Also, will the Electric Mayheim drum stage with Animal make it out in time for CHristmas? ANd when will they stop shipping Muppet Labs? I haven't been so lucky with money lately, so I haven't got it yet!
  8. gringo

gringo New Member

I think they said that The EM stage will ship a couple weeks after the regular assortment. Hopefully by the end of November. Also don't want it to come out while I'm in Florida, if I see it I'll have to buy it and it'll be a pain to ship back to Seattle.

Mark
  9. MuppetQuilter

MuppetQuilter Member

They quit shipping Muppet Labs a while ago. Each series is produced and all merchandise is shipped out. They do not make more. They may ship in waves from China, but we're talking about a couple weeks, not a month or two.
  10. crazy ernie

crazy ernie New Member

I just hope i manage to collect all of the basic series 2 figures, i am also saving up for the new toa nuva sets from the lego bionicle line.
  11. kane31666

kane31666 New Member

EB currently lists the series 2 release as 10/4.
  12. crazy ernie

crazy ernie New Member

If anyone isn't familiar with bionicle,go to www.bionicle.com and learn the legend
  13. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

ahh..when I put my preorder on them in August, they told me sept 16...this is also in Canada, so the dates are different (and usually later) but I'm sure they've changed it too....they told me it was liable to change and that they'd call me when the figures come in...
  14. GWGumby

GWGumby New Member

Dates are different in Canada? Did you switch to the metric calendar there?

Hey Crazy Ernie, I used to be a developer on a failed Bionicle PC game. We had all the bionicle guys months before they came out in the stores. Unfortunately the game was a piece of doodie and Lego came to their senses and cancelled it.
  15. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

:D :D

hmm..perhaps I should be more specific - RELEASE dates are different in Canada :D
  16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Muppet labs....s-st-st-stopped shipping...AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!! 20 bucks. 20 BUCKs!!!!!! Found five behind a sofa cushion...no wait. It has Mr. Moneybags on it.

Oh, and Gringo, love the avitar, Blah!
  17. gringo

gringo New Member

Thanks. I wish they didn't cancel that show. :(

Mark
  18. bc-fraggle

bc-fraggle New Member

Series 2 release

Kermit and Piggy figures were at my ToysRUs in June. I didn't see the others (Teeth and Honeydew) and the playset at that store until the last week of August. Very weird! I think it all depends on when the retailers can get the stuff... and here at my end of the glode, B.C. Canada, that seems to be forever. I am hoping too that the stores may have more of the lab sets in their warehouse and won't put them out until series 2 arrives hoping for a "Christmas buzz" in muppet sales. I am hoping at least! Doubt it though!

Hey stryder wolfe! How much did your EB charge to preorder and was there a cut off date? Do they normally allow customers to preorder toys cause mine doesn't have it advertised.