1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

When will The Muppet Show Seasons 4-5 and Muppets Tonight arrive on DVD?

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by AnakinGonzo, Mar 25, 2012.

1. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Well the Muppet Studios dose yes. They just need the funds and the support to do it. If they are not going to sell then why she'll out the cash for the music rights and what not.

Froggy Fool and Prof Bunsen like this.
  2. MWoO

MWoO Well-Known Member

That was also 3 years ago and the Muppets had a TV show on the air. If they couldn't get them out then, I doubt they will get them out now. Short of a straight up Muppet Show reboot/revival I don't think we will see any major cash infused into the Muppets anytime soon.

The Muppets don't seem to be making Disney any real money. The last movie they had barely paid off production costs and didn't come close to paying off all the promotion they did. Disney tends to push movies that will get them billions and the Muppets don't even bring in millions. The 2011 movie played on sympathies, but didn't hold the audience. Plus it seemed to benefit from the holiday season with a cast of characters closely associated with that season.

I don't see Disney investing in anything major anytime soon, especially costly "DVD sets" which are a dying media anyway. Until the Muppets some how see a major come back that produces money nothing is going to happen. I fear this is why we haven't really heard anything about a show on the streaming service. No money from past productions to fund it and no plans for future productions that need to be pushed forward. I hope i get proved wrong.

dwayne1115 and LittleJerry92 like this.
  3. dwayne1115

Before the 2011 movie Disney had no clue what to do with the Muppets. We are now back to that point.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  4. Prof Bunsen

Prof Bunsen Active Member

I don't think DVD's are seriously dying out, but I get your point that the Muppets seem to be experiencing a(nother) fatigue when it comes to what Disney decides to do with them. They've received a few setbacks already, most recently Steve Whitmire's firing.

MartyMuppets and Jonathan Teka like this.
  5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

6. Jonathan Teka

Jonathan Teka Active Member

Well there's news about a new Muppets series on the Disney streaming service. I wonder if it's still in development.

7. dwayne1115

8. Jonathan Teka

Does he have the uncut versions of episodes 405 and 413 from somewhere like Disney Channel Australia, or are they the same edited versions from Nickelodeon and CTS?

9. MWoO

MWoO Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the last news release didn't even mention the Muppets. At the very least they should stream all of the Muppet content they have backlogged.

10. Jonathan Teka

Including Muppets Tonight, The Jim Henson Hour, and all of The Muppet Show (1976-1981), including seasons 4 and 5, uncut or edited (for stuff that can't be cleared)? If so, that's a great idea.
    P.S. The Disney streaming service is gonna be called "Disney+".