When would the next Muppet film have released if Jim hadn't died?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Something that I've thought about is the fact that, when Jim Henson died in 1990, it had been a whopping 6 years since the last Muppet film. They generally made one every 2-3 years, and yet there really was no theatrical release in sight at that time. I know Jim was focused on other endeavors (Fraggle Rock, Labyrinth, etc.), but I do wonder when exactly the fourth Muppet movie would have been released in a world where Jim was alive in the '90s. Would it have really been The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made or would they have come up with a different concept?

Grumpo

Reaction score
Found an interesting review of Muppets starts-and-stops, published 3 months ago.
There was a whole lot of stuff that might have happened over the years, some sounds really good, some seems just weird:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Great video, Grumpo!

I would have been most interested to see Muppets Time Machine and The Muppets Leave Hollywood. Very neat concepts that I had never heard of before. Meanwhile, The Next Muppet Movie sounds a lot like the 2011 film mixed with Most Wanted, but still fascinating.