When you need to rant...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
]
Remember when it turned December and everyone was whining about how it was 50 degrees?
I was ranting about 60 degrees... 50 degrees in December isn't something to whine about, that's the way it should be.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
30 is my line. Plus, its windy. I'm ok with the cold, but I don't like when its cold and windy.

And I think my room was just drafty because I didn't have my window closed all the way

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, you know how I always rant about certain celebrities always being shoved in our faces once they've reached a level of success that it gets to the point where you see them EVERYWHERE and you just get so gosh darn sick of them (Steve Carrell, NPH, Mila Kunis, et al)? Add Jennifer Lawrence to that list for me, please.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was ranting about 60 degrees... 50 degrees in December isn't something to whine about, that's the way it should be.
I'll take 60 over 6 with a windchill of dangerous any day. There are 3 things about winter I hate. The threat of not being able to do anything because either arctic air masses or giant snow storms (I HATE being cooped up inside all day), not so much I have to shovel after said snowstorms but the fact everyone else doesn't, and of course, my personal favorite, jumping into large snow banks to avoid getting hit by the jerkwads that don't give you special allowances when you cross the street to have to walk in the street because the *&^% plows cover up the side walks with walls of snow. Thankfully, the last one I didn't have to deal with the last 2 years.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
In other news...the fact I can't find boots that fit me is really starting to irritate me.

I'm sort of in that size range where my feet are too big to be wearing women's shoes, but small on the men's scale. Sneakers and skate shoes are pretty easy to find, but it's like boot makers fear making size 11s for some reason. I went shoe shopping, hoping the place would have boots. They did, but not in my size. In fact, they had pretty much every size EXCEPT mine. Ah well...at least I got new sneakers, which happen to be the same exact kind as my others except they are white with black accents instead of all black.

But seriously...one of these days I may just go to a Harley shop and fork over 100 bucks for boots...seems like my only option now :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Both men and women's footwear come in "wide" sizes for bigger feet, you just have to figure out how many Es your need to fit your feet; me for example, the length of my feet corresponds with a size 10 in men's shoes, however, regular 10s don't fit because I have wide feet (blame my Cherokee ancestors), so I have to wear a 10 4E.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Aw, jeez, I have bigger feet than you :frown:

But yeah, I also need wide shoes. My sneakers are a 10.5 4E but for certain shoes, I need to even go up to an 11 or 11.5

Hubert

Reaction score
Instead of just MeTV continuing showing Bewitched episodes in order like they have been, starting next week they're going to start dedicating each week to a certain character and show that character's prominent episodes all week. I personally feel like it's kinda stupid...I want to watch this particular series in order, not watch a week of only Endora related episodes and then another week of only Uncle Arthur episodes... :mad:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I like theme weeks and special occasions from time to time, not only does it break the monotony, but it's also nice to see certain characters get some love. I'd love to see an Uncle Arthur week, he's one of my favorites from Bewitched (but then again, I'm a Paul Lynde fan anyway); I remember years and years and years ago, TV Land did various Bewitched marathons like that: one year the weekend before Mother's Day, they did an Endora marathon, and I remember before that even, there was a random Dr. Bombay marathon.

My only rant is something that crossed my mind last night: at the rate channels and networks always alienated its viewers, how long will it be before MeTV stops airing classics and switches to more modern things that you can already watch on like three other channels?

Drtooth

Reaction score
My only rant is something that crossed my mind last night: at the rate channels and networks always alienated its viewers, how long will it be before MeTV stops airing classics and switches to more modern things that you can already watch on like three other channels?
I'd tend to think the bigger problem is MeTV switching to all Infomercials all the time first.

That said, Who else wants to punch the guy that came up with Hulu plus in the face? What a money making scam that is. Though, to be fair, the greedy entertainment conglomerates are probably to blame.