When you need to rant...

Misskermie

Reaction score
One word.
Screamers.
Those vids that you click on because someone else says to watch it, and it ends up scaring you half to death!

People know I don't like being scared past 8pm!
BUT THEY DO IT ANYWAY!

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
I had been tricked into playing a screamer game once. Funny when you think about it later but at the time...yeah.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Ironically, Upgrade Complete 2 has a screamer in it, but they practically tell you where it is so you can easily avoid it, and depending on the site, you get an achievement for activating it XD

Hubert

Reaction score
What are these screamer things? I've heard of them, but never quite figured out what they are.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Basically, they're internet videos and/or games where a scary picture pops up unexpectedly either halfway or at the end and screams, scaring the living daylights out of you and leaving you scarred for life.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Usually they are disguised as seemingly innocent videos, like some kittens or something, then AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! Particularly bad if you are wearing headphones, as it's always 100x louder than the actual video or game.

Like I said before, don't play the impossible maze or any game that someone inexplicably tells you to.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I gotta admit, I don't like unexpected ear rape, but that's what every YTP has. Even mine.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Haven't vented my spleen in a while, so I'm way overdue.

I'm grateful to have a job and medical benefits, because there are plenty of people out there who have neither. Still, when you have a question about your benefits, it's a major hassle just trying to get through to a REAL LIVE PERSON. Companies seem to be making their phone helplines harder to navigate, and voice-activated menus don't make things much easier.
"Say the month of your birthday".
"April".
"Your answer was 'September'. If this is correct, say'Correct'."
"APRIL, YOU DANG FOOL!!!!!"
And round and round it goes.
Then if and when you DO reach a live person, they might try your patience by putting you on hold, or transferring you to another department. And unfortunately you have to deal with that deafening Muzak blaring on your phone, where you can't change the song or adjust the volume.
By the time you reach the person who can answer your question, you forgot why you called.
Ain't technology grand?
At least websites can be a little better, as long as it doesn't go offline.
I miss the good ol' days when most companies had a real live person in the building you can talk to. This was back in the Dark Ages when "Human Resources" was still "Personnel", or am I dating myself too much?

Actually, if I could date myself, I'd be a Hermaphrodite. :smile: