When you need to rant...

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Good for you for taking the keys back! A lot of people might be unsure of how to act in a situation like that, or just willing to turn away.
I feel most people would turn away from that, being scared of what people would do/think of them.
But I felt extremely bad for the teacher, even though he's not my favorite teacher, (he was actually one of my least favorites) but regardless, what they did wasn't right, and I would've felt horrible if I just walked away.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I feel most people would turn away from that, being scared of what people would do/think of them.
But I felt extremely bad for the teacher, even though he's not my favorite teacher, (he was actually one of my least favorites) but regardless, what they did wasn't right, and I would've felt horrible if I just walked away.
People might also be scared about any follow-up actions from the kids that get caught, especially if they have the reputations of being bullies or mean. It's a shame that the school environment so often leads to people being scared of their peers.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Truth is, I don't ever tattletale on anything, for that reason. This was just pushing it, and something had to be done.
Also, I didn't even say who it was! I don't know if anyone got in trouble, but the suspect definatley didn't come from me. (He didn't even ask.)

Drtooth

Reaction score
And thus, more pieces of the puzzles that are Drtooth and Sarge fall into place.
I could make all the jokes in the world, but in reality I'm a deeply depressed and angry person. And it's all because of terrible interactions in various school stages. Crappy teachers, nasty jerk students... And now I hear how every student is accepted and validated and bullying is actually starting to be dealt with. It does kind of irritate me I didn't live in such an environment.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hey, you're not alone there my friend, it would have been nice if people adopted the anti-bullying campaign back when I was in school as well; back then, bullying was taken far too lightly, not taken very seriously, pretty much treated like a normal childhood problem... it took a bunch of different kids committing suicide whenever the past two or three years or so to open people's eyes and make them realize, hey, bullying IS a SERIOUS problem, and it DOES need to be dealt with.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Being bullied by students is one thing, but being bullied by the teacher takes things to a whole different extreme.

I was bullied in middle school. A PRIVATE, BAPTIST SCHOOL. They were some of the nastiest, evilest people to be around. I was actually lucky in the sense of their bullying was only shunning me and talking down to me. Someone came in after be and she got physically bullied. Like the typical put stuff in her chair, put stuff on her when she's not looking sort of thing.

High school I was bullied because I'm a northerner and moved to the south and a group of students didn't like me because of that. I went to the teacher and she just brushed the issue aside. Though I did get on good terms with the leader by helping her pass math so...

I really think this bullying by both students and teachers is why one, it's hard for me to make friends and two, I have horrible anxiety when I need to ask a teacher for help. I'm terrified they will belittle me...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For me, it was basically the typical fat kid stuff, so I guess I got off lucky compared to others.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think, when it comes to being overweight, the bullying is more outright and direct with boys, and more behind-the-back with girls... or, at least, that's how it's seemed from what I've seen.

I think some of it probably has something to do with the individual person as well, how easy of a target the person seems, and I was always an easy target, because my parents wouldn't allow me to stand up for myself, because they told me in doing so, I would just be asking for more trouble (though my acquaintances have told me repeatedly that I DID need to stand up for myself).