When you need to rant...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
*Tries not to imagine a grown man like Drtooth walking into McDonald's and asking for a Happy Meal so he can get the toy...*

But seriously, my latest rant is Zamzar... what happened to them? I still use them for file conversion (not video download, obviously, but they're far superior to MediaConverter), but I'm guessing probably more and more people are using them as well, because conversions are always so slow anymore; it used to take maybe a 2-4 minutes at the most to convert a video clip from one format to another, but now, it's like it takes upwards of 10 minutes just to convert a minute-long video clip. What gives?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
*Tries not to imagine a grown man like Drtooth walking into McDonald's and asking for a Happy Meal so he can get the toy...*
You can usually just buy the toy. I did that with Burger King's Simpsons Movie toys

But seriously, my latest rant is Zamzar... what happened to them? I still use them for file conversion (not video download, obviously, but they're far superior to MediaConverter), but I'm guessing probably more and more people are using them as well, because conversions are always so slow anymore; it used to take maybe a 2-4 minutes at the most to convert a video clip from one format to another, but now, it's like it takes upwards of 10 minutes just to convert a minute-long video clip. What gives?
Server load being busy and lots of people trying to convert their videos at once probably

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You can usually just buy the toy. I did that with Burger King's Simpsons Movie toys
It kind of varies from store to store, and even chain to chain... y'know, when I had a crazy collector streak as a kid, and I would get the toys that came out at these fast food places, it kind of went either way: either they would let you buy just the toy, or you HAD to buy a meal or a combo in order for them to let you have one. I hate Subway, but I was lucky enough to snag the Courage and the Eds toys when those came out without having to buy any food, but other places, like McDonald's for example, yeah, seems like I had to get at least maybe a sandwich or something in order to get a toy.

I forget who they were now, but two different establishments came out with sets of Cow and Chicken toys that I got all from both, but I can't remember if either of them made me buy food to get the toys or not... one of them, at least, also had BAGS too; I actually HAD the C&C bag that the kiddy meals came in, but I think I lost it in a storage unit break-in/sell off.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's why I only bother if it's worth it. I was going to stop back with the Young Justice one a couple years back, and then every other promotion just kept grabbing me back in. I really should start getting them through e-Bay... at least that way I can get a full set. Still missing Megatron from last month's Transformers Prime promotion. At least my Starscream is happy.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Divas. Once upon a time the term was bestowed on women who could really sing- women like Mahalia Jackson or Aretha Franklin, with multi-octave ranges, who can even do justice to the National Anthem. Nowadays, all it takes is a little cleavage, two notes, and the ability to talk Smack, and voila! Instant Diva.

Sometimes I almost wish I could go deaf. (PHEWWWWWWW!!!!)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wouldn't you know. The second Clipconverter starts working for video downloads off of Yotube again, their MPEG system is screwed the heck up, leaving me with glitch ridden ultrahorrid WMV's again. I know MPEGS break over time, but WMV's don't even work right in their OWN! And Keepvid sucks. it keeps forcing me to download an unstable, non-working outdated java and I can't get the stupid thing to work. Anything else besides those options?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And Keepvid sucks. it keeps forcing me to download an unstable, non-working outdated java and I can't get the stupid thing to work.
Java is starting to turn into another Adobe; it's like no sooner do you upgrade it, then you have to turn right around and upgrade it again. Seriously, like within the past month or so, I've had to upgrade Adobe maybe twice, and within the same period of time, I think I've had to upgrade Java like three times.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Java is starting to turn into another Adobe; it's like no sooner do you upgrade it, then you have to turn right around and upgrade it again. Seriously, like within the past month or so, I've had to upgrade Adobe maybe twice, and within the same period of time, I think I've had to upgrade Java like three times.
And the worst part is, it's more like downgrading. It's an obscure, idiotic version of Java that my computer doesn't need and can't install. So I'm stuck with sucky WMV until Clip Converter fixes the MPEG problem. As it stands, I needed to make 3 videos out of a single 2 minute video to prevent massive freezing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This has gotten on my last nerve.

Since when the frell is a parody a crossover? Last time I checked, parody means making fun of something and crossover means adding a bunch of related or unrelated characters together.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's a fandom problem. Like take deviantART for example, if you look at some of the parodies on there, they're usually regarded as crossovers, and they're usually labeled as "____ Vs. ____", which I have NEVER understood, because then, it makes it seem like a grudge battle between the two different entities that are being parodies.