When you need to rant...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I remember as a kid, anytime someone broke their arm or leg, all the kids in class would sign their casts... when I was in Grade 10 or 11, I broke a toe, and had to wear this special kinda shoe... and nobody wanted to sign it.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
And if someone broke their leg, and had to use crutches, a lot of kids would be begging for a chance to use them. Broken limbs can raise your popularity and sympathy levels (sometimes), can't they?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I am really really getting sick of the administration at school. Ok. I need to register for a class at a tech college because even though a certain class is required for my major, it DOESN'T EXIST at my college.

But hey, it can't be that easy because SURPRISE! I need to fill out a permission form to actually take the class. NO ONE told me this despite me constantly saying that I was planning on taking this class at a different college in the summer. Uh...I think this would have been important to know last semester so I would actually have time to turn this stupid thing in because class registration for the tech college has already started.

Every year its something and I'm starting to think they are doing this to me on purpose. Seriously. I know the dean doesn't like me (I was a bit too honest in my paper to be accepted into my major...and she didn't like what I had to say >_>) and I wouldn't be surprised if she was pulling some strings to make it as hard on me as possible.

I am just getting so fed up with the incompetence here. On top of this snafu, one of the classes I'm currently in is not recognized that I am taking it in the system, so that's probably gonna screw me over somehow.

Of course, all these papers and projects that I have don't help with my stress level either. My parents fighting all the time doesn't help. My mom constantly reminding me how much of a failure I am because i got one D...saying how there's no excuse for me to get anything below an A in my classes this semester...

The only shining light to this is that I talked to one of my teachers and basically pleaded with her that my writing skills aren't up to college standards because one, I'm an education major who prefers science, not writing, and two, never took a writing a writing class before this one I am in. So if I royally screw up on this next paper, she said she'd work with me to revise it...

I just want school to be over with so I can finally relax. Oh wait. I have to take a summer class! No relaxation for me! I don't think i can remember a time when I wasn't this stressed. You know how bad it is sometimes? My mom has actually said she's concerned about my stress level and that I should be taking medicine for it, or at least muscle relaxers to relieve the tension in my back...even my doctor says my back problems are from stress and tension. Well, YOU try being all happy and relaxed when your school is driving you insane from their stupidity.

On a side note, the shoulder pain I've been complaining about I don't think is related to stress...

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------
Dang, Sarge. Sorry you're having to deal with all that. I don't miss college. I transferred schools (and states) midway through my BA and wound up having to re-take some classes whose credits didn't transfer. My degree took me 5.25 years to complete because of this nonsense.

Hope you can get into the stuff you want or need to. Raise a ruckus! If someone stonewalls you, go over their head. Complain to the university board. Complain to the school paper (whose eager young journos are always happy to expose flaws in their campus system, young Woodward & Bernsteins all). Wish you better luck...

------------

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I feel your pain, Sarge. I only went to a community college, and even that had some bad moments, specifically the bad and overpriced cafeteria food (is there such a thing as good cafeteria food:wink:?), the insanely high price of textbooks, which they update every year so you HAVE to get the new edition:grr:, and a few egotistical diva teachers. I imagine four year schools are a whole new nightmare, what with the out-of-control cost of tuition, the fact that college sports seem to eclipse everything else on campus, and the problems with adjusting to living in a dorm. I did great in community college, but the current problems with four-year schools made me decide to wait before I go onto a four-year school. I just went to Westchester over the weekend to visit family, and Westchester U is close to home (about 1 hr), in a great area, and my aunt enjoyed her time there, so if anything I'll go there.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Well, my registration for classes is HOPEFULLY working itself out. In the meantime...

I HATE THESE THING!

My campus is infested with them. You can't walk outside without at least one getting on you. They just dangle from threads on trees and just fall off, or you walk into them because you don't see them. I pulled one out of my hair this morning and found about 4 of them on me yesterday. Thank god I just have to deal with them for another week. They are disgusting.

Slackbot

Reaction score
A kind of caterpillar known as "canker worms." Muppet fans would be more familiar with them as inchworms.

(Technically they're not inchworms, as I believe those are the larvae of the geometer moth, and caker worms give rise to other moths, but they're all little green loopy caterpillars.)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Years ago, we had a swarm of gypsy moth caterpillars which killed two of our trees- nasty little beasts!