1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

When you need to rant...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, Apr 4, 2012.

1. 1000 Eyes

1000 Eyes Well-Known Member

Not a fan of Yahoo! honestly. I first started with a Yahoo! email account, but I signed up on Gmail to get a Google account (mainly because of Blogspot) and honestly it's way better. Bad thing is, Yahoo! keeps doing those 'don't get locked out' things, so finally I got fed up and changed my password.

I have no idea what that is now.

So now I'm only using Gmail. Much better than Yahoo! in my opinion.

(Very late to the party. :p )

2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Well I had been using Yahho! since . . . 2002? 2003? Maybe? Mainly for email as well, but for a while from like 2009 to maybe 2011 or so, I was also using Y!M on a weekly basis, then other people stopped using that altogether, and I think it was a year or two later that I sucked it up and got Gmail (and I actually had Blogspot prior to getting Gmail, because they said you couldn't use a Gmail account with Blogspot, for whatever reason) for email, and now for IMing, I just use Facebook, since that's where everybody else is now.

3. 1000 Eyes

Funny thing is, they said you couldn't use Blogspot without Gmail for me, so after I tried some other places I just bit the bullet and got the whole shebang. Haven't regretted it.

4. D'Snowth

Well, since my YouTube, Facebook, and everything is associated with my Gmail account, I tried to change my Yahoo! email on Blogspot to my Gmail address, but it wouldn't let me saying you couldn't use a Gmail address with Blogspot, so go fig.

1000 Eyes likes this.
  5. 1000 Eyes

Well that's... weird to say the least. :p

6. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

So I can't watch The Brady Bunch on Hulu because when I try to, this pops up instead.

Hi There! Start watching The Brady Bunch with a free trial of Hulu.
    Get unlimited access to our entire collection of hit TV shows and movies with a Hulu subscription.
    Start My Free Trial
    Already have a Hulu Subscription? Log In

7. MikaelaMuppet

https://8tracks.com/plus

This company is just nothing but greedy. They want you to pay money just so you can continue listening to music and I think it's just another marketing scheme.

8. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  9. D'Snowth

John Oliver totally needs to do a "How is This Still a Thing?" of Ryan Seacrest.

I mean, seriously, how and why is he still a thing?

10. MikaelaMuppet

He's popular because he has two radio shows right now and pretty much Hollywood (now New York) famous. Also the fact that people adore and love him as well.

11. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

I have a rant that's been bugging me for quite a long time. Why do people look for hidden sexual meanings in kids cartoons? Why do they turn something innocent into something disgusting and possibly X-rated?

Also, why do people take characters like Strawberry Shortcake and Rainbow Brite (who were originally little girls) and turn them into adults wearing next to nothing, with boobs the size of watermelons? Please note, I'm not a crazy nutso feminist, I just don't understand the appeal of giant boobs.

(and if this is a little too raunchy a question for this board, feel free to remove it, and I sincerely apologize for this)

scooterfan360 and muppetgem like this.
  12. D'Snowth

Because some people are losers who have way too much freetime on their hands.

13. 1000 Eyes

"Y'ever noticed that people against giant boobs are people with tiny ones?" :p

Just teasing. Coming from a male perspective, my preference is medium-sized, but like D'Snowth said, people who actually give a crap about boobs regarding kid shows and stuff should probably rethink their lives a little.

scooterfan360 and newsmanfan like this.
  14. D'Snowth

Coming from a Snowth perspective, who cares about boobs anyway? I'm a leg man (err, leg snowth . . . whatevs), which is why the travesty that are skinny jeans must, must, must end!

15. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

Then whattaya call a size 40FF?
    I know you were just teasing me, but I wanted to point out that I'm not in that category. I'm just a female who doesn't understand the appeal, that's all.

16. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

My theory is that many of the Puritans who froth at the mouth over supposed "adult images" in kids' shows are way, way too repressed for their own (or anyone else's) good. Like the Falwell crowd who believed back-masking hid Satanic subliminal messages in perfectly innocent rock songs, these folk simply see the Debbil everywhere once they've had their heads stuffed full of the idea of sin.

Do I enjoy adult cartoons? Have I written adult Muppet fics? Yep. But I don't believe that lurking beneath every Looney Toon is a slavering demon just waiting to lure kiddies astray.

On a related note, one of the things I love about the band Ghost is their completely over-the-top Satanic lyrics and imagery. No back-masking for these guys, it's all in your face!

17. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. Reminds me of when people were freaking out over the original VHS cover for The Little Mermaid. They thought that one part of the castle in the background looked like a you-know-what-that-grows-between-a-man's-legs.

It also bugs me when people try to find demonic or "Illuminati" signs in kids shows. A while back, I saw a video on YouTube of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse that was basically like: "Look at this scooter (no, not ;)). The wheels have bolts that are triangle shaped. ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED!!!!"

18. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Something similar, that didn't have any harmful consequences: back in October 1969, when the Beatles released their "Abbey Road" album, rumors grew to an epic scale that Paul McCartney was dead.

A DJ in Detroit named Russ Gibb received an anonymous phone call that claimed Paul kicked the bucket, and there were clues to be found on the last few Beatle albums to support his claim.

On the Abbey Road cover, the Beatles crossing the street in a funeral procession. John was the minister, Ringo was the undertaker, Paul was the corpse, George was the gravedigger.
    Paul is out of step with the others, holding a cigarette in his right hand (Paul is left-handed), and was barefoot (in Sicily, the dead are buried without shoes, supposedly).

In the background, there's a Volkswagen Beetle (Beatle?) with a license plate that says 28 IF. Paul would've been 28 if he was still alive Actually he was only 27, but the rumormongers claim in some gypsy cultures you get a free year for your time in the womb).

Other claims, found on their Sgt. Pepper and Magical Mystery Tour albums are more far-fetched, but a number of people, just by suggestion, took it as gospel.

At the end of "Strawberry Fields", John Lennon was heard saying "I buried Paul", but has since been revealed as "cranberry sauce". Debunk this one.
    On the White Album, if you played the record backwards (you need an LP and a turntable to do this today) the voice saying "Number Nine" on "Revolution 9" sounds like "Turn me on dead man".
    It was also hinted that between "I'm So Tired" and "Blackbird" there's a few seconds of gibberish, played backwards sounds like "Paul is dead, miss him miss him".

Little sprinkles of lyrics were supposed to reveal the whole story of Paul's death.
    Supposedly Paul was driving on November 8, 1966, and at "Wednesday morning at 5 o'clock" crashed his car.

"He blew his mind out in a car, he didn't notice that the lights have changed".
    There was a car crash that day, but the victim was one Tara Browne, who was to be an heir to the Guinness fortune. Debunk this one.

Supposedly, the three surviving Beatles ("One and one and one is three") couldn't face telling the world that Paulie bought the farm, so they hired a lookalike/soundalike named William Campbell, carried on as if nothing happened, and gradually leaked out clues over the next few years.

The rumor did give a boost to record sales (after any famous artist dies, their catalog usually spikes. Look at Prince and David Bowie last year).

The Beatles themselves were the first to say it was all bull crap.
    Paul: "If I were dead I'd be the last to know".
    John: "Rumors are started by people with nothing better to do than form clubs and study rocks".

Could there be innuendos/satanic messages in Disney cartoons, or anywhere? Yes, if you're willing to believe it. Doesn't necessarily make it true.

19. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

Sorry if someone already brought this up, but it has irked me for a while:

Why do all the non-Disney CGI kids movies these days just have to have SNL cast members or popular stand up comedians doing the voices? Is it just supposed to be appealing to the parents or something? I just don't quite get it.

20. MikaelaMuppet

Probably so.

scooterfan360 likes this.