When you need to rant...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I hate those bushes with the shiny, waxy leaves (y'know, the pointy-edged ones), they ALWAYS attract wasps... but then again, parked cars attract wasps, for some reason.
That's what we have out front. They are holly bushes

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I hate those holly bushes, they ALWAYS attract wasps... but then again, parked cars attract wasps, for some reason.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
*headdesk*

WHY must you jump through hoops to get anything with the government done? I need a stupid background check before I can apply for my teachers certification and they just have to make it as aggravating as possible.

Drtooth

Reaction score
*headdesk*

WHY must you jump through hoops to get anything with the government done? I need a stupid background check before I can apply for my teachers certification and they just have to make it as aggravating as possible.
Blame the Pedophiles, dangerously insane, and completely unqualified. The entire reason you're stuck in a bureaucracy loop is because of all the times creeps slip through the cracks, making these things harder on sane, not perverted, qualified people.

Then again, getting any job, even a temp one, has to be insanely bureaucratic and buttbackwards. And not even with government bureaucracy... just a normal, regular job. They LOVE people jumping through hoops, and put as many of them as possible, make them fight to the death because it amuses them... in the end, nepotism's the only thing that gets anyone a job.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Blame the Pedophiles, dangerously insane, and completely unqualified. The entire reason you're stuck in a bureaucracy loop is because of all the times creeps slip through the cracks, making these things harder on sane, not perverted, qualified people.

Then again, getting any job, even a temp one, has to be insanely bureaucratic and buttbackwards. And not even with government bureaucracy... just a normal, regular job. They LOVE people jumping through hoops, and put as many of them as possible, make them fight to the death because it amuses them... in the end, nepotism's the only thing that gets anyone a job.
I must disagree with your last statement. I worked hard to research the company I worked at before going in for an interview, and knocked my interview out of the park. Still, I can't entirely disagree with the nepotism thing; I work a low-level job, and the higher and better paying the job, the more nepotism you find. Most companies have a strict anti-nepotism policy; I know my father's does, as he's told me about it several times. Nepotism tends to make a company look bad and less respectable, which is why it's generally discouraged. It also depends on what industry you work in; in the film or music industry, there's A LOT of people who rise to stardom because their mother or father worked in the industry. It's also very common in the comic book industry (e.g. the Romitas, the Kuberts), but in the case of comics it's more because the talent was passed from one generation to the next.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nice to know there are still honest companies out there, but I've been absolutely screwed over for every low level temp job I've applied for for 10 years.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Nice to know there are still honest companies out there, but I've been absolutely screwed over for every low level temp job I've applied for for 10 years.
I'm very sorry to hear that. Are you trying to get work in one particular field, or have you applied in numerous areas?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This is pretty much just a little mini-rant, but 100% satisfactory fake fur fabric is really, REALLY near-impossible to come by.

Now, I will say that fabric.com DOES have a nice selection of fake furs, and I have ordered from them before, but my quibble with the fabric they have is that it's so heavy (even stated on their site: "very heavyweight"), and that really causes problems, because the thickness of the fabric, and the weight of it makes for some really heavy and cumbersome puppets.

Really, the best kind of fur I've ever gotten came from throw pillows that Walmart used to have from time to time - that's where I got the fur from Steve, and it's great (I will say fabric.com's fur is a little on the smooth and neat side for shag).