1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

When you need to rant...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, Apr 4, 2012.

1. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Try going over to Iran or Iraq. If you're in a marketplace, and get caught stealing a piece of fruit or something like that, they'll cut off your hand right then and there.
    But if you still feel the need to post a video of how unfair you were treated for stealing something, be sure too balance your phone very carefully on the stump where your hand used to be.

2. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I'll be honest,

I'm actually now starting to get pretty sick and tired of the NUMEROUS "portrayed by SpongeBob" memes. They were good for awhile but now they're showing their age.

But alas, I just gotta keep reminding myself they will eventually die..... I'm predicting by early 2018.

3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Okay, I know there's umpteen different weight loss reality shows on TV that are supposed to "inspire" and "motivate" overweight and obese people to slim down and get healthier, but when a new one of such shows is hosted by and features Khloe Kardashian, I have to take issue to and offense with that: who in their right minds thinks that a cheap, fake, plastic Krapdashian (and the "illegitimate" Krapdashian at that) is the ideal motivator to help inspire people to lose weight? The Krapdashians have been menaces to society for far too long.

4. LittleJerry92

Something I need to get off my mind.

Just looking for a job in my field.

Digital Media is a really tough field to get into, and just handing in job application after application after application after application gets soooo effing repetitive. And honestly all that stress puts in alot of unwanted thoughts like "was going to college a great idea?" Sometimes I feel like not because the one I went to pushed you to your limit too much and it really loved to suck in all your money. On the bright side, it has matured my personality quite alot, but even then, I sometimes feel like it's taken a toll on me like just becoming too much of a serious guy and overanalyzing everything. It almost gets to the point where sometimes I think I might even have bipolar disorder. And another thing that it cost me was my views on the day and night. There are some nights I feel like I just don't even want to go to sleep cause I just have too much to think about.

I'll also be honest, sometimes I find writing down your thoughts helps get stuff off your mind but other days it doesn't. Maybe it's just cause it feels like you can't record your voice onto paper.

But, yeah. I have heard of alot of stories on graduates not being able to find work in their fields and sometimes I wonder if I'm just heading in that direction.

5. D'Snowth

Okay, this is my biggest rant against YouTube yet: now they're trying to be like Netflix and put out their own original series . . . this not only further defeats the purpose of YouTube as a means for regular people to share their work on the internet, but this further just screws over the little guys like us because how are we even supposed to compete with actual full-length, full-production series on a platform that was meant for the little people?

6. 1000 Eyes

1000 Eyes Well-Known Member

At any rate, reviews have proved that YT originals are s*** compared to the actual masters.

Bliffenstimmers likes this.
  7. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I understand your frustration. Getting noticed on YT is hard. Sometimes, you can't force it; things just go viral naturally. Somethings are baffling in how many hits they have and others have fewer than they deserve.

YT creating its own content seems like a natural progression. I get that you're not 100% with streaming stuff and such, but this is the way things are heading in the world of media production. Like it or not, it's the present and future.

Even when YT fails you, there's plenty of ways to make sure the slack can get picked up, like Patreon (which I feel like is more work, but whatever).

Bliffenstimmers likes this.
  8. D'Snowth

At this point, I feel this goes far beyond simply trying to get notice or exposure on YouTube or what have you, but rather, this is pretty much almost pulling the rug out from under YouTubers; as many times as this has been said casually in the past, I feel like this could be the beginning of the end of YouTube as a platform that was conceived as a creative outlet for the little people.

Even so, after I finish my own 10 year retrospective next month and my swan song (MORON LEAGUE 4), I planned on calling it quits anyway. At this point, I wouldn't even be surprised if the conspiracy theories that have been floating around the internet that YouTube will eventually do away with all smaller channels altogether and focus exclusively on its own original content may actually come true one day down the road. Not that I want that to happen, there's been tons of originality I've enjoyed on YouTube over the years (yeah, I know you don't do Fenwick and Bob Blob anymore, but I still like the old videos from time to time), but at this point, I really wouldn't put it past them.

9. LittleJerry92

Getting noticed on YouTube is a joke to begin with, unless you upload copyright content or become a partner. :rolleyes:

10. D'Snowth

Again, this is now going far beyond just getting notice on YouTube, this is pretty much taking YouTube away from the people and turning it into something that it wasn't designed for to begin with.

11. LittleJerry92

YouTube nowadays to me was originally the leader of a group, now it's become vise versa; the generic background character that says nothing and just does what the leader says. They've copied Facebook and are now trying to be like Netflix.

12. LittleJerry92

I'm gonna be honest,

For my own reasons, I've been kind of feeling like an outcast in my own house. It's not the best feeling.

13. D'Snowth

I can't remember if I mentioned this before or not, maybe I have, but I'm growing increasingly irritated by the way a lot of these big musical artists make a big spectacle about taking a break from their careers for a while . . . and then they never do. This is beginning to feel more and more like a go-to publicity stunt or something, I don't know if it's to get the fans stirred up, or to get sympathy from the public, or what, but it's really becoming rote. Take Ed Sheeran: he just released a new song today, and it seems like it was back in the summer that he said he was taking a break. Same with Demi Lovato, she made a really big deal about how she needed to re-evaluate her life or something like that, and was going to go off the grid for a while, and she's only been coming out with more new stuff ever since then.

14. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I don't really know the circumstances but i'm sorry. I know how it feels to feel a bit out of place in your own family. Despite the fact that we're around each other a lot, I don't feel particularly close with my dad. And because i'm so quiet and like to spend a good portion of my time by myself, I sometimes feel like I have a hard time connecting with the rest of my family.

I think Ed Sheeran took a break for about a year partially because he was burnt out, but also because he was slipping into drug use. Demi, I don't even know. I get the impression she was more expressing a desire to get out of the industry, rather than announcing that she was actually taking a break.

15. 1000 Eyes

Who cares? Their fans are happy, the artists are presumably happy, you needn't listen to the most if you don't like it, after all...

Also post #999 for me BTW.

16. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

I hate it when kids are like "I listen to music that's older than me! Am I cool yet?" and "I was born in the wrong generation! I wish I was born in the 70's when there was better music!" Like, who cares what you listen to? Listening to old music does not make you cool or special. Comments like these are usually seen on old music videos like anything by Queen, Stevie Wonder, The Beatles, Michael Jackson, etc.

Also, I think it's silly when people comment on songs from like 3 to 4 years ago and say stuff like "OMG nostalgia!" Okay, when a song is like 7 to 10 years old, I can see how it would be nostalgic, but how can you get nostalgia from a song that's less than 4 years old?

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  17. 1000 Eyes

The worst thing is when someone asks if a person likes music from the 2000's and they go, "Yeah, I like older music!" :scary:

muppetgem likes this.
  18. D'Snowth

But, I really was born in the wrong decade! I really wish I was born in the 60s so I could experience the magic of television switching to color firsthand!
    Or what about, "Who else is listening to this song in 2017?"

LittleJerry92 and muppetgem like this.
  19. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

Well, I'm sure that was a very magical experience back in the day. Everybody was so used to seeing black-and-white TV, and I'm sure the switch to color just blew everyone away.
    I hate those so much. They're some of the most unoriginal comments ever, yet they always get hundreds of likes.

20. 1000 Eyes

Last time I was this early

Gandhi was still alive.