When you need to rant...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
To follow up, I actually learned something tonight... there actually is two significantly different kinds of "shag" fur out there: the kind that I prefer (the lightweight kind of rougher-looking fur) is usually called "Mongolian Sheep", while the other kind like fabric.com has (the smoother and neater looking fur that's really thick and heavy) is "Luxury Shag".

So, I'll have to keep that in mind, to make sure I try to stick with "Mongolian Sheep" instead of "Luxury Shag" as much as I can.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
More school problems. It has been a fight with the financial aid office and their incompetence. They've lost my forms twice in the span of two weeks, told us we didn't need a form then sent us an email saying we needed it, now they are questioning inconsistencies between two forms and income because they are too stupid to be able to read the different forms correctly.

Its a chore to get anything done with them. We have had problems every single year and I really am starting to think my college is against me, doing this kinda crap on purpose -_-

Drtooth

Reaction score
Minor rant, but...

They have a freaking Annoying Orange comic book now. The worst part? It's by one of my favorite cartoonists. Mike Kazaleah! The guy behind the BEST issues of Ren and Stimpy, the indie comic Captain Jack, and even worked on Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures... he did the cover for the DVD, and he even did some of the Mighty Mouse Marvel comics in the 80's. That is sooooo disappointing.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Kazaleah did some great COW AND CHICKEN and I AM WEASEL stories in the old CARTOON NETWORK STARRING and CARTOON CARTOONS comics as well.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
How is your favourite artist working on a particular thing you don't like 'disappointing'? Not a fan myself, but there's still an audience for The Annoying Orange and he choose to do it. As far as I know, it's not damaging anyone and there's no offence in it.

Is it disappointing because you think he's selling out? That I can understand. Or is it just because you don't like Annoying Orange? If it is, then that is just very shallow. You shouldn't judge a person's creativity and work on one thing you don't like.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Is it disappointing because you think he's selling out? That I can understand. Or is it just because you don't like Annoying Orange? If it is, then that is just very shallow. You shouldn't judge a person's creativity and work on one thing you don't like.
I'm disappointed that we even have one. Let's face it, the thing wasn't funny as a web video. And that thing was barely popular as a web video like 4 or 5 years ago when it popped up. There are funnier things on the web that got no notice, and this thing got a TV show when it was culturally irrelevant enough, because the older forms of media just don't get the internet. Secondly, it's not just so much he's working on a crappy license, but it's a howlingly unfunny. Almost as a leash was put on him. It's like.. you have this edgy comedian that tells these amazing jokes, you're a huge fan, and then you get to see him onstage and somehow he tells bad Knock Knock jokes and not even ironically. Mike is capable of much, much better funnier stuff. It's not so much selling out as slumming.

And above all... the only thing that stupid orange video has going for it is that it's Clutch Cargo style superimposed eyes and mouths on pieces of fruit. It doesn't even work in an illustrated medium. It just co0mes off as generic at that point. So really, it's fail on all counts. Oh... and the Smurfs had to share those 4 pages of suck, meaning 4 less pages of original Smurf comic goodness.

So yeah... I could say, It's a harmless ignorable thing... but it's a bad harmless ignorable thing. And also... NO ONE likes the orange. No one. Never met a person alive that liked it. They're totally trying to shove it in everyone's faces and make them like it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, actually, Annoying Orange WAS pretty popular when it first popped up, YT featured and advertised it like crazy, and it always had thousands of views and comments and such.

Admittedly, I checked it out at first, and it actually was pretty funny... for the first few videos, then it got pretty old pretty quickly, and every attempt to do something different to keep it fresh was pretty much meh (Annoying Orange Vs. Fred in a grudge match killed it).

But that's another thing too: NOBODY likes Fred! NOBODY, but yet look: he's got THREE movies and TWO shows on Nick... WHY?!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, the first was basically a TV adaptation of the webvideos (like Annoying Orange), but his second show, which just came out last fall, has him playing an alien named Marvin (uh, really? He couldn't play a rabbit named Bugs?).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, actually, Annoying Orange WAS pretty popular when it first popped up, YT featured and advertised it like crazy, and it always had thousands of views and comments and such.
Even if I actually liked it, I just don't see it as anything but an internet thing. I don't see it working as that TV show, and it certainly doesn't work in illustrated form. I'll say this, though, Mike polished a turd, but it's still a turd. I don't see the need for a comic book based on a TV show based off an internet gag. I love the time we live in, where anything can become a comic book. You can buy Sesame Street and Mega Man on the same day, and it doesn't look weird. Just... Annoying Orange shouldn't be one of them.

But that's another thing too: NOBODY likes Fred! NOBODY, but yet look: he's got THREE movies and TWO shows on Nick... WHY?!
The funny thing is, you look at the NBC show Smash and NO ONE likes it. Not even the network. They shove it on the Saturday night death slot. The only reason it got greenlit in the first place was that the guy in charge that week was a Broadway geek. And seriously... NO ONE likes it and it gets terrible ratings. I'm sure that something screwy was up with Nick. Especially since the ratings for all the Fred Shows are terrible. And Fred hasn't been relevant since halfway through Bush's second term.

I still think Annoying Orange was greenlit by CN because they love to troll cartoon fans by putting on shows they know will get a massive internet backlash.