When you need to rant...

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Staycation is a euphemism cooked up by marketing departments for "the economy took a huge dump on the middle middle working class and under." They got paid more to make that word to sell cheap crap than it would cost to give everyone who had to take a staycation an actual vacation.
Yeah, I feel like that word definitely patronizes people who can't afford a vacation. If you can't afford to go anywhere, then you're just staying home, and you don't need a marketing person to rub it in.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Eh, I use the word because that's what I do. When I take time off, I stay at home and sleep until I feel like waking up and eat meals whenever I feel like it and work on projects as the spirit moves me. "Staycation" is an easy term to use when Imean "I'm taking time off at home because that's what I feel like doing."

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, I feel like that word definitely patronizes people who can't afford a vacation. If you can't afford to go anywhere, then you're just staying home, and you don't need a marketing person to rub it in.
That's why I'm starting to really like Mad Men. The overall message about the show, besides the obvious foundation on Values Dissonance, is to succeed in business you have to be a real butt pipe. Somethings never change.

Worse yet, when they do "staycation people," they're well to do enough to have a pool. I have to take cold showers because I don't have one.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
First it was Biebs' comment on Anne Frank, and now this. The last bit of respect I had for him went down the drain.

I thought the same as you. As much as I think the comment was stupid and utterly ridiculous, I give him credit for putting time aside to go visit the Anne Frank Museum and learn a little more about it all. He had good intentions on that one, but yeah, the comment was pretty stupid.

Drtooth

Reaction score
No... the Crowning moment of stupidity wasn't from Beebo, it was from one of his rabidly stalkerish moron 11 year old fan girls that basically slammed Anne Frank for getting his attention... and NOT knowing who the heck she even was. While her comments came off as anti-Semetic/Nazi sympathizing, true is, she was too Globbing stupid and illiterate to know. A shocking indictment of the education system, right there.

Though, honestly, I bet they always start grade school History with that *&^% land bridge, starting it over every single grade, and that's why they never get past the first half of the freaking Civil War. At least that's what happened in my day.

Seriously... *&^%$ the land bridge. We all know it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
No... the Crowning moment of stupidity wasn't from Beebo, it was from one of his rabidly stalkerish moron 11 year old fan girls that basically slammed Anne Frank for getting his attention... and NOT knowing who the heck she even was. While her comments came off as anti-Semetic/Nazi sympathizing, true is, she was too Globbing stupid and illiterate to know. A shocking indictment of the education system, right there.
It is pretty pathetic how blissfully ignorant some kids can be, lol. But I blame the parents who clearly didn't think they needed to play a role in teaching their kids about culture at an early age. And then they're shocked that their kids don't know anything.

Though at least kids have an excuse, they're young. The ones that bother me are Bieber's middle aged female fans who are bored and desperately (and again pathetically) trying to recapture childhood. Lol

Anyway, Bieber needs to watch a documentary on bubble gum pop stars. Like Chris Rock once said, "Don't you know how this movie's gonna end?!" Lol

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I learned all about Anne Frank in Grade 8... but then again, my Grade 8 Reading teacher had this unnatural obsession with the Holocaust. Seriously. We spent WEEKS reading about Anne Frank, Eli Weisel, the Nazi party, the concentration camps, etc...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, I learned all about Anne Frank in Grade 8... but then again, my Grade 8 Reading teacher had this unnatural obsession with the Holocaust. Seriously. We spent WEEKS reading about Anne Frank, Eli Weisel, the Nazi party, the concentration camps, etc...
We did read Anne Frank and Eli Wisel's books in Middle School and High School for summer reading (both excellent), but we rarely got as far as WWII in Social Studies/History class, lol.

Some teachers do latch on to a particular period. Our 6th grade Social Studies class was taken up entirely by Ancient Egypt. It was interesting though and we spent SEVERAL weeks watching the old Ten Commandments movie, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Though at least kids have an excuse, they're young. The ones that bother me are Bieber's middle aged female fans who are bored and desperately (and again pathetically) trying to recapture childhood. Lol
The single ones or the lame "cool moms" who are basically the same lame soccer moms that pretend to care about their kid's crappy music?

Anyway...
I learned more about the Holocaust from literature classes than I did from every History class. No matter what, we had this strong, almost enforced start at the beginning of the book curriculum. And to say nothing of the fact history books were essentially hardcover phone books that weighed a ton. It wasn't well until after I graduated some genius decided... Hey! These books could anchor large ships and teachers never get half way through when they start at the beginning. Let's split this into two books.

Really... every single time, that FREAKING land bridge. Year after year after year.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know... I know it's senseless and useless to make a rant against the Krapdashian clan, because they're going to continue to do cringeworthy things for as long as they remain in existence... but honestly, the fact that Kim forced her and Kanye's baby to be born two months prematurely just so she could beat Kate Middleton to the birth is just plain downright classless.