When you need to rant...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
No they dont? I have a youtube account that's not connected to anything as far as I can see. Every time I see that dumb prompt I just refresh the page.

Drtooth

Reaction score
How did you get out of that one? I had to do it a year ago, and I know one person that completely lost access to their account for not being able to link anything up.

I mean, not that I didn't try hard to avoid it. But it just got to the point where I couldn't access my account unless I linked to an e-mail account. And now they're forcing real names vs. account names. Optional yes, but the pestering is constant. It's like being pestered for an entire Summer with "Can we have a pool Dad? Can we have a pool Dad? Can we have a pool Dad? Can we have a pool Dad? Can we have a pool Dad? Can we have a pool Dad?"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I've said it before: there ain't NO way in Elmo I'm gonna give Hitler, uh, I mean Google my personal number... and I sure ain't going to give Yahoo! my number "for added security", when they don't even do anything as far as security is concerned in the first place, ala all the people who have had their accounts hacked in the past couple of years.

But yeah, like Drtooth said, after a while of being prompted, you COULDN'T avoid it any longer, you HAD to register a Google account to connect to your YouTube account, and like he also said, there's been some cases where people who didn't register a Google account lost all access to their YouTube account because of it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But yeah, like Drtooth said, after a while of being prompted, you COULDN'T avoid it any longer, you HAD to register a Google account to connect to your YouTube account, and like he also said, there's been some cases where people who didn't register a Google account lost all access to their YouTube account because of it.
As paranoid as it sounds, I'm just afraid Google and Yahoo will go that route with the phone numbers. Youtube is not exactly any good at optional changes. It likes to force things on you and make you do things. Hence the worry about asking for the numbers. And need I mention that Google kinda stalks you, following your online activity so you can get very specific ads?

I could get into an entirely large rant about it, but it's like people who don't trust the government have nothing but trust for corporations for doing the same, if not worse, things.

misspiggy5260

Reaction score
WHY IS THERE NOTHING TO DO WITH A BROKEN ANKLE?!?!?!?!?!? I mean I'm CONSTANTLY telling my mom "THERES NOTHING TO DO!!!" and shes like "Go Play." and AHEM stress fracture on ankle here!!!!

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Yeesh. What a couple of STONErs.
Wocka wocka!
AAAHHH! SHAME ON YOU! STONE THE WITCH! AAAHHHH!

*throws rock at Jaz*

DISNEY WORSHIPER! DISNEY IS THE DEVIL! AARRJKHFKJGFJKBSDKSVB!!!!!
Stone my friend and you'll have to stone me!!!!!!!!! Besides I love Disney. (not The Disney Chanel though)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
WHY IS THERE NOTHING TO DO WITH A BROKEN ANKLE?!?!?!?!?!? I mean I'm CONSTANTLY telling my mom "THERES NOTHING TO DO!!!" and shes like "Go Play." and AHEM stress fracture on ankle here!!!!
You can do what I did when I was laid up with a broken ankle for two months: get out a sketchpad and a pen and let your imagination soar. You might surprise yourself with what comes out. Even if it's just scribbles, you're making a statement, and makes the time pass a LTTLE faster.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
:sigh:

I know ranting about this is useless, and I know I shouldn't be a bit surprised... I do love Brad Garrett, but seriously, 'TIL DEATH does NOT belong on TV Land.