When you need to rant...

AquaGGR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
EDIT: I actually tried Adobe Premier once... I honestly could not figure the dang thing out, that is one of the most complicated and super-confusing video programs I've ever seen.
I recommend Sony Vegas, it's like a less confusing and simpler version of Adobe Premiere, and it's one of the only editing programs that doesn't assume all you make are slideshows and family vacation videos.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
The Sonic fanbase frustrates me so much, I don't even understand how they're still around. I mean, look at this. Make sure to bring some popcorn.

Fans always debate, it's natural for people to have different opinions. But it's important to respect people's opinions. Also, he's a talking blue hedgehog who eats chili dogs! Who knew he would cause such a commotion on the internet? If you express your opinion on Sonic, someone might come at you with a bulleted list on why your opinion is "wrong".

Another thing, Sonic OCs. Most of them are just Mary-Sue recolors of Sonic and Amy. OC stands for Original Character. You shouldn't just take a screenshot of Sonic X and color Sonic red in MS Paint. Though I think people are doing it sarcastically now. Deviantart is overstuffed with Sonic OCs.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I personally hate Mary Sue OC's period... but what really gets me?

Mary Sue OC's done in a style alien to the series that no longer have a passing resemblance to the series they're supposed to be from. That's why I had to stop watching an Ed, Edd, n' Eddy group. My inbox was completely flooded with anime styles of OC's and fan fics just about the OC's that were so far from being related to EEE that I'm shocked they even got accepted.

Also... yeah. The Sonic fan base. I realized that I just can't stand any organized fan base any more ('cept the Muppet one) because they all love to automatically hate everything that isn't that one version of the characters. And when they don't do that, they're obsessive and insane and people you don't want to associate with.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
The Muppet fanbase is actually one of the nicest and friendliest fanbases on the internet. The Sonic fans seem to think that only their opinion is valid and factual and everyone else is wrong and isn't a "true Sonic fan" (I'm serious, that's actually a phrase)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Whose Line fandom kind of teeters on the edge of the fence in that respect.

There are some genuinely nice and friendly Whosers out there, but on the other hand, for every nice Whoser, there's two completely mean and sadistic Whosers.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
TV Tropes makes Minecraft fans look like the worst fans in the history of fans to the point where they're not even fans (look at the YMMV tab on Minecraft).

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
The Sonic fanbase frustrates me so much, I don't even understand how they're still around. I mean, look at this. Make sure to bring some popcorn.
*facepalms so hard hand goes through skull*

I didn't even want to read past the page you linked...

Ok, that has to be one of the most flawed arguments I have ever seen. Sonic, yes, speed. Great. But uh...hello. What about Sonic 1? Or 2? Or 3? You didn't go zooming at insane speeds and some levels going fast would kill you. Most later levels of those games required a lot of patience and precise platforming. Metropolis Zone anyone? Marble Zone anyone? You go fast in those levels you die.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The thing I hate about the Sonic fanbase most?

Where the heck is the love for Dr. Eggman/Robotnik outside of the "Pingas" meme? There's so little merchandise, and what there is of it is hard to find and disappears frequently.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
One thing I noticed about Robotnik is that his character has been...kinda all over the place in terms of writing. Some games make him too serious, other games make him a bit of a mumbling moron, which I prefer the latter XP

Silver's fanbase scares me more than any other character fanbase. Considering Silver is one of the most hated characters, fans of his are vicious.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I remember seeing posts on videos where "fans" went Apescat when Dr. Eggman said something on Sonic X about how trying to hurt someone was going too far (in context, to some evil space army of something when he teamed up with them).

Then I got the 3rd to last issue of the Sonic/Mega Man team up comic arc, and Dr. Wily was screaming about how Eggman tried to kill Dr. Light, saying it was going too far. Only to have Eggman have an internal monologue about how "weak" Wily was for not wanting the death of his enemies.