When you need to rant...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I've actually had a lot of issues with CNET putting adwawre on my computer, so I stopped downloading from them.

And you know darn right well what I meant. Unfortunately, the only two vegas links I could find, one was 'legit' but the link was broke, and the other was a virus.

And no, I didn't click anything. i read comments. You'll know if something is a virus because its the first thing people will scream if it is. No one wants viruses on their computer, even people who pirate things XP

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Well this was a waste of time: I decided to download a trial of Sony Vegas to give it a try, and that's all that I could do - I could DOWNLOAD the trial, BUT, they still wanted me to PAY to actually USE it. :stick_out_tongue:
You can get Sony Vegas legally for like, under fifty bucks online.

Also, I think it requires a Sony registration code or some sort of thing to get free trials. I already had one when I bought Vegas, so I needed the info again to get a free trial of ACID Music Studio.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You can get Sony Vegas legally for like, under fifty bucks online.
I don't like shopping online unless I really have to.

Besides, I was wanting to try the trial version for a reason: to see if it's as good and less confusing than Adobe Premiere like you say it is, otherwise, if not, that would've been money wasted on something I won't be able to use.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
It's less powerful than Adobe Premiere, but the much, much better UI makes up for it. That, and Vegas doesn't rely on built in FX and presets as much. Also, the way the program works is just much less confusing, there's not many windows and tabs you have to go through the get something.

I'm pretty much just shilling the program by now. :coy:

robodog

Reaction score
Well, this morning was an exercise in frustration. I had a rather large package coming in the mail shipped with USPS second day priority. It did not arrive yesterday as it was supposed to so this morning I decided to call the USPS to see what was going on with my stuff. You can not talk to a human at USPS. They have one of those automated phone things and it will give no option to talk to an actual human being. By the end of that little episode I was wishing death on all machines everywhere and cursing the inventor of automated phone systems to the deepest and hottest pits of Hades. I tried to get the number to the post office in the town where my package was last spotted ( the town is about an hour away from me ) but Google listed several post office branches in that town and I had no idea which one to call to get the information I needed.

Finally I called the local office and was given some satisfaction. They were able to confirm that my package did arrive, was on the truck and was on my way to me. Two hours later I had my package and now my collection of toy dogs has grown by 12. Getting them was worth the aggravation. Unfortunately I still have one guy who's missing in action. I bought him from a different eBay seller and he wasn't shipped by a faster method. The tracking said he was supposed to be delivered today but as I've seen with my other batch of dogs USPS tracking lies sometimes. I'm hoping my lost pup will arrive in the next day or two.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
NO! NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO!

We do NOT need another SpongeBob movie! We don't ANYMORE SpongeBob! We've carried this SpongeBob obsession far too long! It's PAST time for SpongeBob to be put to rest! Just let SpongeBob die already!

LET SPONGEBOB DIE ALREADY! DIE!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm Sorry... but Rugrats had 3 movies in the time frame of 5 years.

Spongebob may get 2 movies, each about 10 years apart. I severely doubt they're going through with this at all, at least until I hear hard evidence of it being in production and not "oh, we're going to do one at some point." And as I said before a jillion times, had we the same animated movie festival as Japan does, we'd have a lot more Spongebob films, and annual Simpsons movies rather than the one and the one short we got.

Personally, if there's one Nicktoon begging to be a movie, it's T.U.F.F. Puppy, but Nick kinda doesn't like to pretend it exists.

And really... everything you can say about Nick adoring Spongebob, you can say about Rugrats. Better shows like Beavers and CatDog, and especially Ren and Stimpy (crappy Games episodes or not) were pushed aside anytime they wanted a Rugrats marathon (which was often).

mr3urious

Reaction score
You're going to love this one, Drtooth: Looks like CBS is getting, or has already gotten, a new Saturday morning block after Cookie Jar's contract expired.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...-saturday-teen-block-20130724,0,7010894.story

Wonderful! With Litton stinking up the airwaves with its Weekend Snorefe-- I mean, "Adventure" on ABC, it was only a matter of time for them to take their BS to CBS!

"Epic"? More like epic fail! :boo:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I couldn't care less, man. I wrote them off the second their Saturday Morning line up became Doodlebops related. I mean, really?!? A thing that wasn't even popular 10 years ago when you tried it the first time that was even less popular (if that was even possible) the second time when they had a crappier (again, if that was even possible) cartoon version of them.

I gave up even caring about Saturday Mornings when Fox went all infomercial. The same crappy, poorly written legislation that the FCC put forward to give us TV/EI and advertising restrictions on kid's programming was the same legislation that let them buy up every network they can, so that's a LOT of chutzpah for not even giving lipservice.

Anyway, we got Vortexx, and that's good enough. Even with the Japanese toy commercials. Better than nothing.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
NO! NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO!

We do NOT need another SpongeBob movie! We don't ANYMORE SpongeBob! We've carried this SpongeBob obsession far too long! It's PAST time for SpongeBob to be put to rest! Just let SpongeBob die already!

LET SPONGEBOB DIE ALREADY! DIE!!!
I agree partially, the show is way past its prime, but I don't think there's an "obsession" anymore. That "EVERYONE HAS TO LIKE SPONGEBOB!" stuff has long since passed, everyone I talk to either couldn't care less about the show or agrees that it jumped the shark.

Drtooth said:
I severely doubt they're going through with this at all, at least until I hear hard evidence of it being in production and not "oh, we're going to do one at some point."
It's been known for quite some time now that a sequel is being made, it's confirmed for a February 2014 release, and is going to be written by some of the writers of Kung Fu Panda. I'm 99% sure they're going through with this, there's too much info about it for it to be just a possibility.