1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

When you need to rant...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Misskermie, Apr 4, 2012.

1. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Yup. Just picked it up now.

2. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Now all of my emails have disappeared again...

3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

This isn't a full-on rant so much as it is just a little mini-vent of frustration, but I am absolutely dumbfounded that I'm having such a hard time finding a replacement voice actress for MORON LEAGUE 4 - especially considering I've been seeking out auditions within a fandom that seems to love to indulge in fandubs; I honestly didn't think I would have this much trouble finding somebody.

4. datman24

datman24 Active Member

Well, I'm still a newbie (I'll stop saying it once I get more accustomed to these forums), but here's my little rant: I absolutely hate it when on Youtube, people will ask (sometimes, even demand) users to upload a specific piece of media that they just assume that user will have on them. I'm sure a lot of you can probably relate to this. I wish more people on Youtube could be a little more gracious to these users who take the time and effort put out some of the things they do have on them rather than demand more of it.

Froggy Fool likes this.
  5. LittleJerry92

YouTube overall has now become my least favorite website in terms of communication with people.

datman24 likes this.
  6. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

I hate reddit's downvote function; I get downvoted into oblivion just for having an opinion. They put a little plus next to your post like you were harassing someone or something, but in reality I was stating my opinion. It's a problem.

7. D'Snowth

I mean, it's reddit . . . it's literally a troll playground.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  8. LittleJerry92

Redditt is one of the sketchiest sites i’ve seen in my life.

Absolutely no way would I ever sign up for it.

9. MikaelaMuppet

I don't even post on Reddit that much and just decide to browse.

10. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

I think the only reason I signed up for it was to share my Mario Maker level codes or something; admittedly, it's a nice way to see what's "hot" at the time for whatever your interests may be, but will never be able to replace the interaction of a tight-knit forum. I recognize some names from some of the smaller communities I'm a part of, but that's far and few between.

11. LittleJerry92

So one thing that’s personally been bothering me recently is Vic Mignogna’s false sexual harassment accusations ruining his career.

Vic is a voice actor for anime at Funimation and Rooster Teeth (he was in RWBY). He was also Edward Elric in Full Metal Alchemist and Broly in Dragonball Super Broly.

He was know to give hugs and kisses to fans and some were uncomfortable with it..... you can only imagine where things went from there. :rolleyes:

He was also criticized as being homophobic just because he wouldn’t sign non-canon anime drawings that had yaoi couples and defended himself.

But now because of these false accusations, his career is damaged and he lost both his jobs at both companies. It also doesn’t help that Monica Lair (Bulma in DBZ Kai) basically bated into getting him fired by claiming he sexually harassed her with no evidence just for the sake of getting more roles (he even used Chris Sabat, the voice of Vegeta in DB, Zolo in One Piece, Kuwabara in Yu Yu Hakusho, etc to get his career ruined).

I am so glad I passed on meeting her at RI comic con last year and can now say she is dead to me as a person, just as much as Funimation and Rooster Teeth are as compnies.

Any Del likes this.
  12. Any Del

Any Del Well-Known Member

Even though it happened yesterday, OscarandTelly aka Andrew swindled me of $130 for episodes I've been searching for years. The man let his personal feelings in the way of business. He's now on the list of people to avoid doing deals with. Anyone else knows who to avoid doing deals with so that way I know who they are? Sucks I'll never see them... Never again.... :rolleyes: :sigh:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    Blue Frackle likes this.
  13. Any Del

Any Del Well-Known Member

Also, Vic Mignogna's false rape claims have been bothering me as well... To see someone so talented lose their job over one woman's jealously. :sigh:

Watching his apology video almost made me cry.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  14. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

IDK, I remember there being rumors about him years before this news came out.
    Seems like one of those ticking time bomb, open secret type things.

15. D'Snowth

Kinda like Dan Schneider.

16. Pig's Laundry

Exactly.

17. LittleJerry92

Personally, I just stand for innocent until proven guilty. I don’t like to jump the gun and assume things unless it starts to become very obvious.

18. Pig's Laundry

I'm the same way. But we also can't definitively say that all the allegations are false either.

19. LittleJerry92

True. I’m normally neutral with these types of situations, but since most of these reports turned out to be mid-understandings and all the claims at Funimation right now are all just he said, she said stories..... not really sure what to believe. :smirk:

20. MikaelaMuppet

Had a really rough week last week.