When you need to rant...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Piggybacking on this whole Congressional debacle, if the Democrats are Diet Coke, and the Republicans are Diet Pepsi, maybe if we had a few more Peppers in Washington we'd all be happier. How 'bout it?
The best we're going to get is Diet Rites and Moxies.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That's true, Diet Rite (sugar-free version of RC) is almost as nasty as Diet Coke. Maybe if the car companies could invent a hybrid that ran on Diet Coke (close enough to the fossil fuels we're burning now!) we'd really be in business!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I feel like I'm the only one here to can drink Diet Coke. Not saying I love it. Diet soda is still gross, but Diet Pepsi is the most vile thing ever. Diet Coke is more tolerable.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And as I mentioned earlier, I simply cannot tolerate any kind of carbonation at all... the second it goes down my throat and into my stomach, it just spews back up (and I'll never understand why they call 'em SOFT drinks). I'm probably the only grown man in the world who orders milk in a restaurant. :smirk:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Y'see? That's why my only internet presence is here, DA, and YT. And the last 2 are only creative (such as they may be) outlets. I just don't care much for uptight jerks and trolls and all the other schmucks present in those situations, cuz I have quite enough in my real life thank you very much.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Facebook is generally a breeding grounds for drama, but it really all depends on who you're friends with.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I was excited as anyone when Facebook really took off about five years ago. But I used it to reconnect with a few classmates I haven't seen since high school. Now that I accomplished that, I really have no need for it.

It's embarrassing enough when adolescents conduct themselves with such immature behavior sometimes. But I can give them the benefit of the doubt and hope it's a phase they'll outgrow as they get older.

But when you see people in their forties behaving the same way, it can be downright pathetic. I still get friend requests from classmates I haven't seen since we graduated in 1986. It's hysterical they're not interested in reconnecting for nostalgia or to renew old friendships, but they need another life to play Candy Crush. (Roll eyes here).

The feuds and pettiness people start on Facebook , or anywhere else online for that matter, can make you really stop and think about what really makes people tick.

I thought when Facebook really came of age, all the problems that plagued myspace would be a thing of the past.

As someone else sang somewhere, "I hope that somethin' better comes along..."
Good Night Nurse.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's a very short rant.

Duck Dynasty? I mean, REALLY?!?!?!

That is all.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Here's a very short rant.

Duck Dynasty? I mean, REALLY?!?!?!

That is all.
Seconded. Every time I see merchandise for this show at a store I want to take all of it out back and start a bonfire. I saw welcome mats for the show at Wal-Mart! Welcome mats!