1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

When you need to rant...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Pink started it
  2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

How come I have to take the blame?!
  3. Pinkflower7783

Okay well I'm gonna get this back on topic cause I don't want to make enemies here...so here's my rant I think it's so inconsiderate for people you've already made plans with to all of a sudden say their gonna hang out with someone else? I mean I understand when things come up last min or emergencies but to just bail on you for some other friends just seems kind of rude don't it?
  4. Sgt Floyd

That's happened to me way too many times. I dunno, if you want to hang out with someone else, make up a better excuse at least :smirk:
  5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

You mean like this?
  6. D'Snowth

I hate this neighborhood. There's hobos everywhere, it's practically next door to the ghetto, whenever the weather's bad the power goes out constantly...
  7. Pinkflower7783

Yes exactly! The sad part is is the person didn't even say well can we change our plans or I'm sorry I shouldn't have cancelled on you for other friends. Just didn't see anything wrong with it when I confronted them about it. This hasn't happened to be recently but it hurt because I considered this person like a best friend needless to say we haven't spoken in years. :/
  8. D'Snowth

Well, like I said, the problem is even though actual friendship does exist, it's just a real rarity these days... I don't know why, but people just feel like they don't need friends anymore these days... I kind of blame Seinfeld for that, lol. "Why would anyone want a friend?"
  9. Sgt Floyd

The real problem is that people think friends are disposable, like you would throw away a used tissue
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  10. Pinkflower7783

That's why I've said I have better friends now then I ever did growing up. But when I told her how rude it was the best she could come up with was "Well I didn't think you'd mind that much."
  11. D'Snowth

Well, considering you considered her a best friend, she probably felt that was decent enough of an excuse... I mean, how many times do you hear that from someone like that?
  12. Pinkflower7783

Good point and because we were best friends I think she thought I should feel special she ditched me to hang with other people. And then she was like "I can have other friends too." I was like o_o
  13. D'Snowth

Yeah... that's probably a sign a friend is not exactly a very good friend if they're like, "Hey, you got other friends you can hang out with".

I mean, if they ditched you to hang out with someone like a boyfriend/girlfriend or whatever, that'd be a little more understandable, otherwise... nah, that really don't wash.
  14. Pinkflower7783

You know if this had been someone I just casually hung out with on occasion then it wouldn't have bothered me that much but this was someone I grew up with. And then she accused me of being jealous I was like I dont care who your friends with the point was is is we had plans and instead of asking can we move them to another time or even just saying I'm sorry for what I did you just saw nothing wrong with it.
  15. D'Snowth

I have that EXACT same problem right now. I know I'm always complaining about having not heard from my favorite person in a year now, but the problem is I like her. That's the problem, because there are other friends I don't hear from for extended periods of time as well, and it's no big deal, but when I don't hear from her for a long time, it is a big deal.

Of course, part of the problem too is that she really drops off the face of the earth for no rhyme or reason... others I at least know why I don't hear from them as much, whether they're swamped with work, college/university, life in general, etc, and some, like my best friend, at least do make an effort to try to contact me every once in a while, and they'll even say, "I know we don't talk very much anymore, I'm sorry, but I'm so buried over here...", which is fine... but with She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named, there's NEVER an explanation of why she goes into these prolonged hibernations, she never reaches out to me, I have to badger her, and then if I finally get a response, it's like a, "Oh yeah, hey, what's up?"

Then again, her social skills do seem somewhat askew, I think it has to do with her childhood... that, and she's so OCD about the boyfriend she lives with, that she's probably always clinging onto him, so... whatever.
  16. Sgt Floyd

Seriously? If you made a commitment with someone then you honor it or think of an excuse that doesn't involve making someone else feel ditched. I don't care if you want to hang out with your boyfriend, you told me that we are hanging out. Thats just as rude if not ruder to say you are going to hang out with your boyfriend/girlfriend instead.

And don't get me started on people who ignore you to text to their boyfriend/girlfriend when they said they would hang out with you. If all you are going to do is sit there, ignore me, and text away, why bother agreeing to hang out anyway?
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  17. Pinkflower7783

Have you tried to tell her this? I mean how you feel? I don't know her so I cant say too much but sometimes people are unaware of what their doing and dont realize how it's affecting other people until its brought to their attention.
  18. Pinkflower7783

That happened to a friend of mine her best friend pretty much ditched her for her boyfriend and then ran off and got married and didnt talk to her for years. They have since patched things up but that was a hard blow because after it happened it took her a long time to start trusting people again or even get close to them because she thought if she did they would just take off. I think she thought I was gonna do the same thing when I got engaged that after being married I wouldn't have time for her but I assured her that wasn't gonna happen and I've been married almost 3 years now and have always found time to hang with her even if it's not as much as before because she has since moved and is an hour away but the point is is we make the effort.
  19. D'Snowth

Well, I don't want her to think I seem like I'm desperate for her attention or anything...
  20. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I feel like I don't have room to talk here, as I often contribute to muffining, but I do admit that we have been going overboard lately, almost to the point that some muffins I completely have been avoiding...and believe me, that's a first...