When you need to rant...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Aren't books like that specifically targeted at lonely women to arouse them anyway? Those kinds of books have been around for ages, they're usually categorized as "romance novels".
Romance Novels at least have prose behind them, no matter how pathetic it is.

This is just page after page of plot-less smut. Again, one of those fan fics. And it wasn't the attention of lonely women that made this thing so "revolutionary," but rather the attention of bored housewives.

Though, I suppose the more of them read these crappy novels, the less time they have organizing together to ban things they don't want to have to teach their own children. So I guess Ken Keeler and Happy Meal toys are safe for a little longer.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I find that women surprisingly have very sick minds anyway, so it's really no surprise to me that they would go for books like that... heck, on the subject of those fanfics, I remember this interesting conversation years ago with a female friend of mine talking about that she "may have read one too many lemons lately", to which someone (younger) asked what exactly a lemon was, so I told her it's "a yellow citrus fruit", while someone else added, "yeah, they're like oranges but yellow".

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know... the more I think about it, I'm liking the fact that Soccer Moms are reading this book.

Think about it.

That's less over exaggerated media invented concerns they watch on the news. Now they won't be concerned with the thousands of ways the media has discovered that every kid is getting high (by every kid, I mean a group of 3 really dumb bored spoiled brats) by doing something stupid.

GAWD, I hate Soccer moms. Go back to 1998!

Well, I find that women surprisingly have very sick minds anyway, so it's really no surprise to me that they would go for books like that

Everyone has sick minds, mate. That's what the internet is for. Naked pictures of Velma from Scooby-Doo.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
This is more of a nit-pick than a rant, but I hate (okay, too strong of word, especially for this situation) when people hold an elevator by pushing the elevator door, rather than using the button inside the elevator that holds the door open. Once while I was in an elevator at a hotel, one of the staff members thanked me for holding the door the 'proper' way, and added that most people are unaware that holding the door the 'incorrect' way can actually cause maintenance problems with the elevator.

Hubert

Reaction score
So now there's a proper and improper way to hold elevator doors?

What is this world coming to? :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know what really burns my cookies? When movies on DVD have these disclaimers before the main feature about the following commentaries do not reflect the views of whatever the distribution company is, yadda-yadda-yadda, in English, Spanish, and French... why exactly do they put those disclaimers before the movie, and not the special features where opinions are expressed? I guess those disclaimers are in regard to the filmmakers' audio commentaries, still it seems a little senseless having to sit through those disclaimers (I know you can skip them most of the time) when you're mostly likely watching the feature without commentaries.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Better yet, what is with the increasing trend of NOT being able to skip previews, except by fast forwarding through them? I actually am one of the rare breeds of people who do watch the previews. Once. Then I just want to watch the movie.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They're afraid of you NOT seeing their precious advertisements... like how in a lot of cases, you actually CAN'T skip commercials/ads on YouTube or other video sites.

Hubert

Reaction score
You know what really burns my cookies? When movies on DVD have these disclaimers before the main feature about the following commentaries do not reflect the views of whatever the distribution company is, yadda-yadda-yadda, in English, Spanish, and French... why exactly do they put those disclaimers before the movie, and not the special features where opinions are expressed? I guess those disclaimers are in regard to the filmmakers' audio commentaries, still it seems a little senseless having to sit through those disclaimers (I know you can skip them most of the time) when you're mostly likely watching the feature without commentaries.
Yeah. It does look kind of weird...I just saw it the other day on a movie I was watching. It had that little disclaimer and I thought, "Wait...is this a documentary or something?"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Heralde touched on this in a separate thread, but it's still rant-worthy when it comes to people who are overly obsessive about canon, and people who are equally obsessive over NON-canon. Especially when it involves "couples", the disputes over which character should be paired with which other character can get incredibly ridiculous at times, this is one of the main reasons I usually don't do couple art on dA anymore, because inevitably, someone is going to complain about the pairing, thus triggering a debate over canon and mixed, when I couldn't care less. In other words, shippers have to go and ruin the fun for everybody... it also seems to me it's the mixed shippers who tend to like to instigate these little flame wars moreso than the canon shippers, but all in all, is all of this hoo-ha really necessary?