1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

When you need to rant...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

But its still hard to find places that do good tattoos. I have been so unimpressed with the tattoos I see people have and would have not payed if it was mine. Basically, all the crap jobs from professionals I've seen has been whats stopping me. If I was to actually get one, I'd go to the place that did my dad's...which is about 500 miles away from us :p

Although some people just have their friends with sewing needles do it :eek:
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Ugh, yeah I wouldn't recommend that, lol.

If it did anything I would have to go for something temporary. I get bored quickly and change interests all the time and don't want to get stuck with anything, lol.
  3. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

My dad has two full arm sleeve tattoos and they are about the most disgusting thing in the world. I can't see how he doesn't regret them, especially since the Incredible Hulk is part of the cornucopia that are his arms. No accounting for taste, I suppose.
  4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I wouldn't advise you wear like a tank top, or some kind of sleeveless top with a large collar... I've seen a number of shoulder blade tattoos that way.

It's almost like how some women get tattoos on the top of their rear ends, then wear lo-rise jeans, and you can see that butterfly or whatever it is as plain as day.
  5. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I don't wear anything like that anyway. And low rise jeans are gross :p
  6. mo

mo Well-Known Member

and that they get there own special staff room and we have the outdoors and they get to control what we do! poor them!
    miss kermie likes this.
  7. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

Tattoos are against my Christiananity.
    mo likes this.
  8. D'Snowth

That's interesting, because my sister is a really big religious fanatic, yet she's gotten tattoos over the years... but then again, not only is she rebellious, like heralde mentioned, but she's also Baptist, and they tend to be a rather hypocritical denomination, lol.

Matter of fact, there's a few tattooed people in my family, such as my dad, and one of my older brothers.
  9. heralde

I personally wouldn't get a tattoo, but I don't think it's blasphemous or anything. It's a morally neutral thing as far as I can tell, neither good or bad.
  10. D'Snowth

Well, it's almost kind of like Aunt Esther from Sanford and Son, some people out there think such things are blasphemous, like even even drinking and smoking.
  11. heralde

Well, heh, I would argue drinking and smoking can potentially lead to evil things. I'd be much more worried about them then tattoos.
  12. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Aunt Esther! I love Sanford and Son! Speaking of blasphemous, have you ever heard any of LaWanda Page's stand-up, she couldn't have been more different in real life from Aunt Esther.
  13. D'Snowth

Well yeah, but I mean even just the act of maybe taking a sip of alcohol or puffing on a cigarette.
    Lol, no, but I HAVE seen some of Redd Foxx's stand-up, and it reminds me of this moment:

FRED: I love the way he spells his name with two Ds and two Xs.
    LAMONT: I wonder why he does that?
    FRED: Well, I don't know why he uses the two Ds, but I saw his nightclub act once, and I KNOW why he got all them Xs!

Plus, Redd Foxx and LaWanda Page had really great chemistry with each other, I always love whenever Fred and Esther are bickering at each other... all these years, I've been wondering if that one occasion where Fred snaps off Esther's wig was improvised, he reaction looked too real, and Demond Wilson seemed to genuinely be cracking up. :laugh:
  14. heralde

Oh yeah I mean you can overreact to these things certainly. The occasional sip of alcohol isn't terrible, you just have to be extremely careful. Though I have less sympathy for cigarettes at this point, they really have to go.
  15. mo

mo Well-Known Member

that's weird I'm cristian and I believe in self expression! woo!
    yeah they kinda gross
    heralde likes this.
  16. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

I was told tattoos and body piercings give demons a chance to posess your soul.
  17. heralde

The way I see it, self expression is fine, Christian even! Tattoos aren't my way of getting there, but they're not evil or anything. If others want to get them (safely) that's cool. :)

Like I said, as far as encouraging evil, I'd worry more about things like alcohol (in excess).
    mo likes this.
  18. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

Really? I'm a Christian and I know lots of Christians that have tattoos and piercings. I suggest you check out what the Bible says (or doesn't say) about this instead of just accepting what you've heard.
    heralde likes this.
  19. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Tattoos are against my threshold of pain.
  20. mo

mo Well-Known Member

I was heard if you call someone a fool you end up in ****...sorry mr.T...