When you need to RAVE!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Taking the "When you need to rant" and twisting it into something positive (and to prevent the board from getting clogged with many little threads), here's a great place to spread good news about something.

I'll start with this:

The 1980's Dennis The Menace cartoon is finally getting a proper DVD release.

This was always one of my favorites as a kid. I always hated that 1950's live action show because I was far more familiar with this one (even the creator preferred animation for his character), and let's face it... it was much more fun. Especially the then unknown Phil Hartman as Mr. Wilson.

mr3urious

Reaction score
So far, DHX Media seems to be handling DiC's properties better than Cookie Jar.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So far, DHX Media seems to be handling DiC's properties better than Cookie Jar.
The real problem for the DVD's taking forever to get released was Fox. They had the DVD rights to both Dennis and Inspector Gadget, released subpar releases (Gadget at least had 10 episodes, Dennis only had about 4), and then just sat on them till the rights expired.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Great thread idea!

Yeah I have to confess when I was a kid, B&W shows did bore me a bit (I did get over that eventually, hehe). But I watched the Dennis the Menace cartoon all the time. I still remember random bits of episodes. Though my favorite Dennis the Menace anything was this weird TV movie where he finds a dinosaur bone. Does anyone remember that?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Anytime a restaurant adds some kind of red velvet premium to their menu (IHOP with their red velvet pancakes, Sonic with their red velvet sundaes), I have to sit back and laugh at all you non-southerns for not even knowing what red velvet is. :stick_out_tongue:

Gosh I love living down here... we got all kinds of good stuff that you yankees think are weird, while you enjoy your carbonated chocolate milk and friend peanut butter and marshmallow sandwiches. :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know right? I usually hate pancakes, but when IHOP introduced red velvet pancakes, rest assured, I ate 'em! I was glad that, at one point, actually made them a permanent menu item, but it looks like they did away with them again... blah. Well, with it being Valentine's, maybe they'll bring it back.

I did try Sonic's red velvet sundae last night, it was pretty good.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Anytime a restaurant adds some kind of red velvet premium to their menu (IHOP with their red velvet pancakes, Sonic with their red velvet sundaes), I have to sit back and laugh at all you non-southerns for not even knowing what red velvet is. :stick_out_tongue:

Gosh I love living down here... we got all kinds of good stuff that you yankees think are weird, while you enjoy your carbonated chocolate milk and friend peanut butter and marshmallow sandwiches. :stick_out_tongue:
Uh...there's red velvet cake in the north O.0
And I have never heard of carbonated chocolate milk OR peanut butter and marshmallow sandwiches

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Uh...there's red velvet cake in the north O.0
Apparently not too far up north if people in Ohio, or those tundra states like Minnesota or Wisconsin never heard of it.
And I have never heard of carbonated chocolate milk
It's a New York thing.
OR peanut butter and marshmallow sandwiches
I think they call 'em "fluffernutters" or something like that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I thought I was excited for the Dennis the Menace DVD.

Well, Shout apparently has done the impossible....

They're releasing the entire Transformers Animated series. WOW! CN's tiny stake in the series was a huge roadblock on this one, especially since season 3 was never released. I just hope it has the short cartoons as special features.